diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 24V SPF 3000TL LVM off-grid

Its reading it from the Growatt, this is a BigBattery and has it's own internal BMS.

But I can see the voltage drop on the Battery and the Inverter.

I would check all connections.
Does it go to zero, if you turn the inverter off?

OK well I figured out the senario, but I am not sure how to fix it. After I took that picture it shot back up to 15 amps.

It's drawing the 15 amps from the battery when the grid line is plugged in and not charging. If I unplug the grid it stops drawing from the battery.

Sounds like a connection between the DC and AC system. Double check your connections.
Did you connect any of the DC to ground?

Ohhh I see what you meant. No, no DC is grounded. I just removed everything but the ac in and 125 fuse and bus bars. Now it's drawing 20 amps... Something is off. Maybe I need a factory reset.

Last edited:
I'm really not sure what would be causing this.
Something is definitely wrong.

Ohhh I see what you meant. No, no DC is grounded. I just removed everything but the ac in and 125 fuse and bus bars. Now it's drawing 20 amps... Something is off. Maybe I need a factory reset.
did you ever figure this out?

im not totally off grid but i have run into a few power outages lAST one was for 6 hours on a cold winter night in newhampshire . the system ive set up kept my lights freezers and HEAT going no problem /open the doors all you hear is generators for miles i sleep like a baby no noise at all ... I personally wont do MPPSOLAR but must say the people {ian } at growatt is alot of help and a strait up guy . ive now got 2 of them wired together split faze 24v volts 240 i can run anything under the sun
im not totally off grid but i have run into a few power outages lAST one was for 6 hours on a cold winter night in newhampshire . the system ive set up kept my lights freezers and HEAT going no problem /open the doors all you hear is generators for miles i sleep like a baby no noise at all ... I personally wont do MPPSOLAR but must say the people {ian } at growatt is alot of help and a strait up guy . ive now got 2 of them wired together split faze 24v volts 240 i can run anything under the sun
A question about mounting Growatt units: I want to mount mine horizontal and it looks like you’ve done that. Any problems? Thoughts if you were to do it again?

Back