diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 250V Inverter Update

I'm still uncertain why batteries and their bms NEED communication between the inverter and scc to function properly. This is what Growatt support told me when their SC48120 scc did not want to stop rising voltage until the bms forced hi voltage cut off at 58.4 despite absorb voltage being set to 54.5v (in a 48v system). Their answer? Well ur DIY batteries aren't connected to the SCC. They need to be connected via coms"

Funny I've got a 24v system with 3 DIY lfp batteries. I use 2 midnite solar classic 150s to charge them, there's not a thread of communication to b found any where between scc and batteries and the system has preformed flawlessly for 18 months. And flawlessly for the 4 years b4 that with led acid and no cons. So odd. According to Growatt, my house should have burnt down months ago ... Or something.

So forgive me, but while cons between battery banks and charge controllers and inverters mightily provide addition control, I don't see why they are necessary for proper functioning. But alas, Growatt tech disagrees. Not sure why I'd need that hub

Back