diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 3000 24 volt shutting down.

Nope. Just keep trying things. Not available fro 2-4 pm mtn time today.
Hey there - just double checked with Adam and Matt (who you were working with previously). I just didn't want to waste your time going through all the same settings. They actually still have an open ticket for you, but it appeared as though there wasn't a response to their last message to you. Can you verify you received their last contact and reply with any requested information?

The last email I received from Adam said:
On Feb 25, 2022, at 7:38 AM, Technical Support <tech@signaturesolar.com> wrote:
Hey Mark,

So there is nothing to really reset in the battery. When your battery is faulting that would be the best time to interface with the battery because in the alarm field it will tell us what has happened with the battery. I'm happy to provide you a password however, that password comes with a caveat. If you make changes to any of the parameters without having been directed to do so by our Tech Support it will void you warranty on your batteries. Having said that the password is: "xxxxxxxxx" (replaced password for this post) . Also if you're attempting to view more than 1 battery at a time that is likely why you're getting the address illegal message at the bottom.

I replied:

Only have one battery at this time if we could get it working properly purchase a stack.

++++++++

So if there is another email, I am unaware of it.

++++++++++++

The point is, I continue testing and I continued to have inadvertent shut downs in Lithium Mode.

I have switched to User Defined, Menu 19 = 28.6 and Menu 20 = 27.5. I have already had one shut down when I have set it to Util First and the utility connection is disconnected. It dropped off when there was still 75% SOC or three green lights after I reset the battery. I am testing today again. I am running a kitchen circuit with two fluorescent lights and a refer. A bedroom circuit with a light, bathroom light and a CPAP machine. That's all the load except of course the GW overhead.

I have been in my office today so I haven't check recently. When I have these inadvertent shut downs there is nothing in the TEST software running on my PC that tells me what happened under any of the tabs in the software. With or without password.

I would love to go over every setting in the GW one at a time, and then everything that the software can tell me, that I can't seem to see, so we could get to the bottom of this for either lithium or user defined. I'd love to have two batteries that work and communicate with the GW properly. Right now, I am testing the one you sent me. I don't care if it's using the hub or not. Whatever it takes. I would like to believe that the BMS is working properly. Right now, it seems like it isn't and going to user defined isn't what I paid for.

If it's a problems with GW i'd like to know that too. Right now, when it shuts down, the GW is totally off and when I restart the battery and the GW comes back online, there are no errors messages on the screen in the GW. One way or another, your excellent service ought to be able to help me trouble shoot this. I can FaceTime, I can Zoom, you can see what I am seeing. I need to get to a working battery one way or another.

I appreciate you getting back to me.

Mark

`

Not a problem. We have a breakdown of the inverter settings, so I'll find that and any other info I can. Let me know if anything comes up during tests.

I have reached out to Adam and waited for promised phone calls as well. Nada. Help me figure out how to return this battery. Bad BMS maybe. I appreciate that you are growing and I am glad for you. I have a battery that keeps shutting down. So I need to return it. Thanks Mark

Hey there Mark, sorry about this experience. I was under the assumption you were being taken care of. Totally understand if you are having issues with the product and your set up, you need to make sure what you have works with how you are using it. Let me get with my team to start this process for you.

Hey there Mark, sorry about this experience. I was under the assumption you were being taken care of. Totally understand if you are having issues with the product and your set up, you need to make sure what you have works with how you are using it. Let me get with my team to start this process for you.
Thought I would make a report. After several false starts, Richard at Sig Solar did touch base with me. He had me make a few changes in GW settings and the shuts downs have occurred less frequently. Much thanks for his personal touch while they are growing so fast. After about a week of running our kitchen and having no shut downs, we woke up this am and the kitchen circuit was dead. The only one that the GW was running. GW shut down. I turned off the GW, recycled the battery, 4 green LED lights show up. I turn on the GW and its back on track. All this time, I was plugged into the Grid. Solar panels not yet installed.

What has been happening is that with the kitchen circuit running thru the transfer switch, my separate shunt would show the battery Amps drawing down to a certain level, and then begin a recharge cycle back up to 200 amps. Then discharge slowly and then back up. My sense is that the GW is set to allow the battery to draw down and then use the grid power to recharge when the battery reaches a certain low threshold.

So now I am confused. I sent an email to Richard, which he kindly invited me to do, but so far no response. Does the battery shut down the GW or does the GW shut down the battery, even when it is fully charged? I was so happy to think we had it figured out, but now...

Thought I would make a report. After several false starts, Richard at Sig Solar did touch base with me. He had me make a few changes in GW settings and the shuts downs have occurred less frequently. Much thanks for his personal touch while they are growing so fast. After about a week of running our kitchen and having no shut downs, we woke up this am and the kitchen circuit was dead. The only one that the GW was running. GW shut down. I turned off the GW, recycled the battery, 4 green LED lights show up. I turn on the GW and its back on track. All this time, I was plugged into the Grid. Solar panels not yet installed.

What has been happening is that with the kitchen circuit running thru the transfer switch, my separate shunt would show the battery Amps drawing down to a certain level, and then begin a recharge cycle back up to 200 amps. Then discharge slowly and then back up. My sense is that the GW is set to allow the battery to draw down and then use the grid power to recharge when the battery reaches a certain low threshold.

So now I am confused. I sent an email to Richard, which he kindly invited me to do, but so far no response. Does the battery shut down the GW or does the GW shut down the battery, even when it is fully charged? I was so happy to think we had it figured out, but now...
Just replied to your email, touching base with Adam. I didn't get your email until just 30 minutes ago - did you send it earlier? I just want to make sure because you said no response so far and I want to ensure I didn't miss an email from yesterday or hours ago.

I’m running into a similar problem as you described with my Growatt 3000TL LVM-24p. I have a 280AH battery. While the battery SOC is hovering above 90%, my load is less than 1000w, but the system crashed and shutdown randomly at least 6 different times in a few days. I adjusted by lowering the cutoff to 23v thinking that this may have triggered the shutdown, but the battery was never down close to this threshold. It was at above 25.5v. I’m baffled as to why and what triggered shutdown. Initially I think I may have a defective unit but I’m not so sure now. Was your issue ever resolved? If so, did you find out the cause?

Back