diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 3000 cycling on&off and beeping

Conjou

Super newbie here: I've had this Growatt 3000 in place for about 2 months and this morning it started giving a long beep and shutting down/coming on again in cycles about 30 seconds apart. No error code shows on the screen and it is doing this even though I flipped the switch off. I have two 24v SOKs in parallel, 800w of pv, my settings on charging are at 27v and 23v ... I just don't know how to approach solving the problem. Any help appreciated.

If I park my truck camper in the shop, it will do the same thing. This is due the open circuit PV voltage is high enough, yet when the SCC powers up (off the battery), there isn't enough power generated by the PV. When the SCC puts a load on the PV to begin charging, the voltage will drop and the SCC will shut down. Basically, it will do this in any low light condition, dusk or dawn. Once the PV output voltage falls low enough, the constant power up of the SCC stops.

Doesn't matter if the inverter switch is on or off, the SCC will power up when the open circuit PV voltage is high enough. This does draw off the battery and over time will draw the battery down until PV output is high enough to power the SCC.

How did I solve this? There isn't a solution other than installing a switch to turn on/off the PV so I don't have to hear the beep. The GW used to beep when the SCC powered up and again when it shut down. I was able to turn off the beep for when the SCC powers up.

I have not found any other solution in low light conditions. A possible firmware update may solve it, I never checked. For my truck camper the switch is located where it is convenient and not an issue to turn it on/off. For a house install, it would be a completely different scenario and be unacceptable.

It's quite possible changing the series/parallel configuration of PV may help as the PV voltage would be lower in a more parallel configuration but I haven't tried it. I'm content with turning the PV on/off for my truck camper.

Back