diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 3000 remote switch

Benztronics

So, my 24v GW3k has a power switch, which allows the batteries to still charge while its off... that is great, in that I can keep my power consumption low to save the batteries for when I need it. Once I installed my wifi adapter though, I found that it will not log while in this mode, so I turned the unit on then set the inverter to low power mode. I then found that this still eats too much power this time of year in the north... and I really don'tlike the way it acts in this mode since turning on LEDs is not enough to kick on the inverter. I then found that I can us the shine app to turn off the inverter programmatically, without killing the wifi module and that is perfect.
So the big question...
Has anyone figured out a way to turn off the inverter with a physical switch without killing the wifi logging?
I was thinking a raspberry pi and one of the python libraries out there, but thought I'd toss it out here to see if anyone else had figured out a more elegant solution that ideally wouldn't have to involve the internet. Ideally, I'd like more than just me and my phone to be able to turn on the lights.
Thanks!

I'm also looking for that information. I have heard mentions of a video by @Will Prowse where he shows how to to wire a remote switch to turn of the inverter, but can't find it it.

So, my 24v GW3k has a power switch, which allows the batteries to still charge while its off... that is great, in that I can keep my power consumption low to save the batteries for when I need it. Once I installed my wifi adapter though, I found that it will not log while in this mode, so I turned the unit on then set the inverter to low power mode. I then found that this still eats too much power this time of year in the north... and I really don'tlike the way it acts in this mode since turning on LEDs is not enough to kick on the inverter. I then found that I can us the shine app to turn off the inverter programmatically, without killing the wifi module and that is perfect.
So the big question...
Has anyone figured out a way to turn off the inverter with a physical switch without killing the wifi logging?
I was thinking a raspberry pi and one of the python libraries out there, but thought I'd toss it out here to see if anyone else had figured out a more elegant solution that ideally wouldn't have to involve the internet. Ideally, I'd like more than just me and my phone to be able to turn on the lights.
Thanks!
It is quite simple, you go to the switch on the GW and you run 2 wires to a remote switch. I simply piggybacked mine, I can turn the inverter on/off at the unit or remotely inside the camper. Switch is the red led shown in this photo. Displays.jpg

I’m still playing with this but it “seems” I can turn my 24v 3k Growatt AC inverter output on/off using the settings in shine via the internet. I’m new to this game so I’d verify this information with another source, I stumbled across this item when playing around with things I didn’t understand and spent several hours thinking I had bricked my inverter. Seriously there isn’t any documentation so try at your own risk….

To make the change you need to put in the “Enter Key” at the bottom of the pop up. The key is today’s date in YYYYMMDD format.

Note: l always get an error message that it didn’t take the change, but the inverter AC output goes off and the battery continues to charge using PV. The status “displayed“ DOES NOT CHANGE on the webpage, you need to remember what you did and the status. To undo it, you need to change it back to “on” even though it already says “on”. It‘s very very sketchy…

I’m doing some data gathering on the PV array and I’ve got a space heater set up as a load dump and using this setting to switch the inverter AC output on and off remotely via the web so I don’t fully charge my battery.

P.S.

Key words: Risky… Sketchy… Brick

Attachments

• 3F2D094D-8A06-4E4B-AD3C-5C699350EE21.jpeg
    3F2D094D-8A06-4E4B-AD3C-5C699350EE21.jpeg
    340.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Back