diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 3000 solar charging weirdness??

Below are the settings that control these features. I assume MPP inverters have similar setpoint.

That said it sounds like you are having an issue with your float voltage is set too low or for some reason the inverter is not coming out of float.

1614799470247.png1614799529740.png

So changing that 22 setting on mine is 31 causes it to really lower what is is pulling from the solar panels.

I need some help with my Growatt 3000 I have 4 in series/parallel 48v Lithium charging at 58v per Big Battery works great but when full charge is reached mppt both stop charging no output watched it for 2 hrs nothing watched voltage drop to 50v could not watch it had to go to work it started charging at some point it did not do any float voltage had a load on it and it did not start charging can any one have any Idea whats up with it. I have another setup with a 24v system charging at 28v float at 27.2 it maintains voltage and it is a Flex80 hope some one can help

I need some help with my Growatt 3000 I have 4 in series/parallel 48v Lithium charging at 58v per Big Battery

Having your inverter set points would help. What do you have setting 1,5,14,19,20 set at?

Having your inverter set points would help. What do you have setting 1,5,14,19,20 set at?
Sorry I'm new at asking for help in the Forum here are my settings and I am totally off Grid and no Generator hooked up. I have a 24KWH battery bank I can get fully charged by noon with no load to speak of 1-2 with loads(w/good sun) it stops charging and like I said voltage drops and it will not start charging before sun down at all I know the last time I looked it was at 50.2 still no charging in the morning It is charging when I go to check on it till it reaches full charge same cycle
1-SBU
5- us2 also tried use
14-OSO
19-58.4
20-57 i have tried also 58.4 read about new setting US2 recommended this it also did not change

Thanks;

I have mine set for USE, 19 (Absorption) for 56 and 20 (Float) for 54V. If I don't have any significant loads running there are periods of time when battery has hit Absorption setpoint, and then has been in float for a long while then the inverter will at times stop charging. I have tried to determine what prompts it to resume without success but the good news it does resume. Sometimes the same day, always by the next.

The reason I have my setpoints lower is that I am often away and have read that it is better not to push every last possible electron into LiFePO4 batteries when that extra storage is really not needed. In other words I am keeping mine 98% fully charged rather than 100%

Mine never shows float as long as the load is enough to keep it below full charge it will charge all day but when it reaches full charge it will not start charging again I can't tell when it restarts I'm never there when it starts charging

Here is a typical day profile for my inverter. You can see unrestricted solar charging occurring until absorption setpoint is reached and then the inverter goes into float. I have mine set to solar first so the solar will follow the load. On days without load after going into float it will eventually stop charging althoughter. I have not been able to determine what triggers it to resume, a drop in voltage to some unspecified setpoint, a period of time, some calculation of state of charge or perhaps some combination of all of the above. The good things is it does eventually resume and I have not seen low SOC on my batteries as a result of it stopping charging for a while.

1619544943090.png

I can figure out the charging on my growatt so might not buy them again going to some other charge controllers

Back