diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 3000lvm es. I need to know what array of solor panels i would need for this inverter. Its mainly to power the fridge, lights n a fans?

Ok thanks. Because i already have the growatt 48v and i just got 4 more 100w panels, i will try and see if i can bring all 8 100w 12v panels. If i put them 4s2p, ...would i have aprox ~160v of open current? Is this correct?

Check your panel specs. But what the controller actually uses is Vmp, not Voc.
If they have 20V Vmp, 8s would be the way to go.
And even then, it's cutting it a bit close. Any clouds, shading, bad cell... that really seems to me a very silly limitation.

Me, I would get a decent charge controller. Not expensive.

But honestly, the core of the system is the battery.
Get that right, and then worry how to recharge it. It might just be simpler to do it from the grid.
Between airline overweight charges, customs officials bribes, breakage risks... those panels may end up being really expensive.
-

Lol. Ok thanks Don B. I might just do that. Ive already tried to get the word out down there that i need bateries. Thanks a million for all your advice and help. Ill keep you posted as to what i do and the outcome, if u dont mind. Ill take a few pics, you'll love the scenery, ocean view and pure sun.

Growatt 3000lvm es. I need to know what array of solor panels i would need for this inverter. Its mainly to power the fridge, lights n a fans?

I have my house in Cuba and every day the power goes out for 6 hours. I need to power fans a couple lights and its nice if the fridge or little spinner washing machine can keep working. I have 0 experience but have the growatt in hand and need ro buy solor panels. Also i will be getting prety mich whatever bateries i can over there to run fans n lights at night when theres no power. Hope someone can help.
P.S.. I have to buy solor panels that dont weigh a ton, weight is limites on the flights! Thanks in advance
Hello, Hola, did you get your system done? I have a backup system i put together the other day, is a 48v system also, and simple, I thought it could give you some ideas. Please let me know if you have any comments or questions. Sorry about my phone camera, it soks big time! Se habla espanol.

Attachments

• 20220808_113833.jpg
    20220808_113833.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 7
Hello, Hola, did you get your system done? I have a backup system i put together the other day, is a 48v system also, and simple, I thought it could give you some ideas. Please let me know if you have any comments or questions. Sorry about my phone camera, it soks big time! Se habla espanol.
Very nice, se ve sencillo. I havent set it up yet. Es para cuba y vamos el dia 14 de este mes. La situacion mia es q no hay muchas cosas aya de disponible, ejemplo la baterias. Y no se puede llevar por avion. Tengo 8 panel de 100w, 4x12v y 4x 17v. Do you have solor panel conection? Are you tied to the grid? Los cables q van al enchufle son para alimentar?

Also how are the baterries set up? 2 series of 48v? Is your growatt 3000tl lvm es 48v?

Also how are the baterries set up? 2 series of 48v? Is your growatt 3000tl lvm es 48v?
Hello, Hola, entiendo la situacion con lo de las batterias. Nos se puede conseguir permiso para que lleguen bien? Las imagenes de las batterias que puso en el commentario las puede conseguir? Son the 72v? Si ese es el caso, tendria que dividir cada batteria en modulos de 48v no se si se pueda. Depende de el tipo de la batteria. El modelo de la unidad que tengo es ese mismo, Growatt 3000 lvm a 48v. Las 8 batterias son de 12v a 100ah de capacidad en series paralelas, que suman 48v hay 4 en cada serie y dos bancos de 4 batterias cada uno. Si se fija las uni con 2 cables cortos y el positivo y negative en medio como lo recomineda el manual y use cable 2AWG, marino y de cobre. Amazon tiene unos vendedores que se llaman Windi Nation y su cable es compacto, flexible, y de cobre a buen precio. En cuanto a los paneles, yo tengo 10 de 100 watts en el techo de la casa en una parte de el techo, a como 30 pies de distancia de el Growatt, generan como 5kw en dias frescos y soleados en cuba yo creo que mas. De este systema you corro 2 aires mini splits, uno de 10k y otro de 12k BTUs de 3-5 dias sin problema alguno y mas tiempo si cargo las batterias con los paneles al mismo tiempo, las luces y enceres pequenos los corro con otro systema mas pequeno y mas viejito pero que trabaja perfectamente bien. El Growatt puede trabajar con un maximo de 145v, asegurece que no se pase yo diria de mas de 120v, porque los paneles suben y bajan en la energia que generan y mas cuando esta fresco el dia y pueden destruir su unidad. Yo mantengo los paneles a 100v, cualquier cosa aqui pendiente. Buen dia!

Last edited:
Ok i just seen, its all in one series.
You can send the batteries to Cuba through Panavana, Cuban customs doesn't charge any fees for importing solar systems, but agencies charge a lot of money Panavana is 10.99 for the first 3 pounds and 3.50 after that. you gonna have to pay from 450 to 500 dollars to ship the 109 pounds of battery.

You can send the batteries to Cuba through Panavana, Cuban customs doesn't charge any fees for importing solar systems, but agencies charge a lot of money Panavana is 10.99 for the first 3 pounds and 3.50 after that. you gonna have to pay from 450 to 500 dollars to ship the 109 pounds of battery.
Wow! Thats pretty stiff!

Back