diy solar

diy solar

GROWATT 3000W / 24V 80A MPPT 120V - thoughts??

So you're getting AiO inverter/MPPT to replace regular MPPT-only?

When inverting with zero load, they have a 40-50W idle burn each.

We will be pulling the inverters we have and use them on our NOT All-in-one projects ... Not sure why we are getting the GROWATTS ... I have been using the MPP Solar (which is literally GROWATTS) and the EPEVERS with zero problem ... I'm sure the Growatt rep probably took one of the guys out to lunch ....

anyway -- there's 10 inbound .... yep I had heard they idle rough (use allot of power)

We will be pulling the inverters we have and use them on our NOT All-in-one projects ... Not sure why we are getting the GROWATTS ... I have been using the MPP Solar (which is literally GROWATTS) and the EPEVERS with zero problem ... I'm sure the Growatt rep probably took one of the guys out to lunch ....

anyway -- there's 10 inbound .... yep I had heard they idle rough (use allot of power)

Other issue is the weird AC charger. No absorp/float voltages. Separate charge voltage from the MPPT, and they operate on a "turn on below this voltage" and "turn off immediately once you reach voltage" basis. If battery is in between the two limits, you will not get AC charging.

Only an issue if you ever need to charge batteries from grid or generator.

Back