diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 3000W, 24V all-in-one - Inverter Shutdown?

jwhearn

I'm designing a solar system for full-time boondocking in a ~30' TT. I don't have the TT yet though.

I'll ask this question about the Growatt 3000W, 24V all-in-one inverter/charger because that is my leading choice at the moment, but the question is somewhat generic and I question this about all the in-one units. In my situation, I cannot afford to power the inverter 24/7, nor will I have the need. That idle consumption is just too wasteful. Most of my loads will be DC and I'll only power up the inverter when needed. My question is: can the inverter portion of the unit be turned off without affecting the other functions (controller and charger)? Ideally, I'd be able to shut it down remotely without affecting the rest of the solar system.

I've heard differing reports of what the ON/OFF rocket switch in the back does. Some say it only shuts down the inverter, while some say it shuts off the whole unit. Not sure what to think.

I've heard differing reports of what the ON/OFF rocket switch in the back does

The rocker switch turns off only the inverter portion, does not affect the MPPT charger. In other words you can turn of the inverter but batteries will still charge from solar.

Back