diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 48V 12KW lnverter Split Phase and Minimum Battery

Very interesting graph.I'm thinking about trying to run my 240 V 5.5 KW electric sawmill with the 12K Growatt as it might be able to handle the 100+ Amp (AC) starting surge measured with my cheap clamp on meter. Not sure if that is peak or rms? If I used the mill while getting 3-5 KW of solar, wouldn't that ease the current demand from my 300 AHr LiFePo4 battery bank? Anybody else trying to run a single induction load this big on the Growatt 12K?
I just bought a 18kw SunGold Power inverter. It's a 220lb low frequency beast that will easily handle central ac units and electric saws/compressors.
It's on sale now for $300 off ($3600). It can handle 3 times rated power for 20 seconds ! 54 kw surge !
A friend of mine is an electrical contractor and he has been using the 18kw for many years.

Just as with the Growatt, I would recommend using two Midnite Classic 150's. It has a PV input, but it's only 3400 watts.

Last edited:
I have not run a single load this big with the 3 ton hvac, water heater, mini split its hit little over 11,500 watts at 198 amps showing on the battery side with no issues.
Did you use copper bars for your battery terminals connections and what size are they(thickness, width)?

Did you use copper bars for your battery terminals connections and what size are they(thickness, width)?
I used .25 x 1 for the the majority of the connections and .25 x 3 for the front and back connections to to give room for tapping the connections.

Few pictures:

LOL MINES HAS BEEN LAYING ON THE FLOOR FOR OVER TO WEAKS ...NEED A FORKLIFT FOR THAT THING...
If you have exposed floor joists I mounted a 3rd one by myself yesterday. I screwed a 2 by 4 into the floor joists and used four ratchets to move it from the floor up the wall to the mounting position. Racthet up using two till the get tight then use the other two to pull up further and repeat.

I just bought a 18kw SunGold Power inverter. It's a 220lb low frequency beast that will easily handle central ac units and electric saws/compressors.
It's on sale now for $300 off ($3600). It can handle 3 times rated power for 20 seconds ! 54 kw surge !
A friend of mine is an electrical contractor and he has been using the 18kw for many years.

Just as with the Growatt, I would recommend using two Midnite Classic 150's. It has a PV input, but it's only 3400 watts.
Just helped a friend install a 12K sungold power inverter. Trying to figure out how much watts it takes to run that inverter. They have an AIMS MPPT that handles 100A, and can take 5600 watts of solar power. They have two 48 Volt EG4 100Ah batteries connected in parallel. They have it in a temporary setup in their shed, with (6 solar panel @ 260W each) 1360 watts of solar coming in. They have a fridge that draws 4.5 amps at 115 volts AC, and two lights with two 8 watt bulbs. The batteries are drained with in 2 days, and the solar panels doesn't seem to be able to charge the two batteries. Do you know how many watts the sungold power 12Kw draws? Do you think that they need more solar panels installed? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20220816_134828518.jpg
    IMG_20220816_134828518.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 4
If you have exposed floor joists I mounted a 3rd one by myself yesterday. I screwed a 2 by 4 into the floor joists and used four ratchets to move it from the floor up the wall to the mounting position. Racthet up using two till the get tight then use the other two to pull up further and repeat

Back