diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 48V SPF 3000TL LVM Flickering LED Lights.

Wpfrogs

I purchased a Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM invert 6 months ago and ran it on solar and grid only with no problems at all. Really like the Growatt product. I just recently installed two EG4LL 48v batteries to the system and now I'm have flickering LED light problems. It's driving me crazy. There are no refrigerators on the system and the Growatt is not in power saving mode. I don't understand why the batteries are affecting the system this way when the solar panels on their own didn't cause any problems. I've researched this problem to no end. Contacted the supplier which didn't help. I was wondering if anyone else with this model are having the same problems? Is there a fix for it? Any recommendations on a different inverter? Thanks for any help

Reactions: GTO
I purchased a Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM invert 6 months ago and ran it on solar and grid only with no problems at all. Really like the Growatt product. I just recently installed two EG4LL 48v batteries to the system and now I'm have flickering LED light problems. It's driving me crazy. There are no refrigerators on the system and the Growatt is not in power saving mode. I don't understand why the batteries are affecting the system this way when the solar panels on their own didn't cause any problems. I've researched this problem to no end. Contacted the supplier which didn't help. I was wondering if anyone else with this model are having the same problems? Is there a fix for it? Any recommendations on a different inverter? Thanks for any help
Hey there! I'm Richard with Signature Solar and we do a lot of support on Growatt inverters (and the EG4 Batteries are obviously from us!). Just wanted to check and see if you have reached out to our tech support team? If not, give us a call. If you have, send me your contact info in a message and I'll find out what is going on and get a solution for you one way or another. Thanks!

How’s the bonding of the system? Are you still connected to utility?

Prove it with pictures/diagrams. Your assumption maybe a huge oversight.

What are the grow watts settings?

Thank you, Richard, for suggestion I give you guys a call. I spoke with Matt, and he had me change setting 01 from SBU to SOL and I believe that fix the problem. I'll update this thread if notice any flickering. Thanks again

See this Youtube video:

Same inverter...same complaint

Thank you, Richard, for suggestion I give you guys a call. I spoke with Matt, and he had me change setting 01 from SBU to SOL and I believe that fix the problem. I'll update this thread if notice any flickering. Thanks again
That just turns off the inverter at night , so no flickering
Have they come out with a real fix to run on batteries and not flicker
My lights flicker when i have a computer behind an UPS.

Your right my problem came right back. I upgraded my firmware in my Growatt from 51.03 to 51.04 and some of my lights stopped flickering. The unit has issues when there is not enough load on the system. I've tried all kinds of different LED light bulbs with no luck. My house is not running totally solar, so I picked circuits that had the least amount of flickering going on. It was a trial-and-error way of going about it. Finally found a combination of circuits I could work with. I defiantly understand your frustration, especially if you're using the Growatt to run you whole electrical system. Other than that, it's been pretty reliable. After running for a year, the only other problem I've had is the software locked up and shut the system down. I just restarted the unit and it's been working fine ever since. Growatt needs to come up with a fix for this. Below is a link to the firmware I used.

Running the same inverter powering a standup freezer and a large residential refrigerator/freezer. No issues at all. I know both have run at the same time and both have led lights inside.

See this Youtube video:

Same inverter...same complaint
Off topic. Video guy talks about #8 and #6 terminal problems. It looks like there is enough room to the left of the terminals to put loops in the wires. I've seen other videos where people complain about the terminal problem. Looping wires is the easiest way to wire above ground pumps such as well and pool pumps. Also it is probably OK to use #6 for the phase and neutral conductors and #8 or even #10 for the ground. The #6 isn't being used as a solution for a voltage drop problem.
His description of how the MPPT functions isn't how I would have thought it would function. It sounds like the Growatt is rebooting itself when it decides to go into MPPT mode. I figured with any MPPT you turn the unit on, it does an initial sweep from x volts to y volts in n increments, then when finished with the sweep returns to the maximum power volts. Or maybe begin at a middle voltage, jump to halfway back voltage, then halfway between the halfways. This to save time doing a complete sweep. Then all through the day, the voltage constantly jumps back and forth to determine which direction it should head to achieve maximum power. I was way wrong. Are there any websites that show how different manufacturers do MPPT?

My problem with flickering LED Lights on inverter power was mostly fixed by switching all the bulbs to "Dimable LED" bulbs. It's kind of gone from a flicker to a shimmer :) This problem does not seem to be isolated to inverters. For example, Old style and brand mismatched dimmer switches also seem to have the flickering issue too.

Back