diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 5000 TL charge priority setting

Trediguy

Dear Forums members,

I have an off-grid Growatt SPF 5000TL HVM-WPV inverter connected to 16s Lifpo4 pack (total 13kw, 48v) that is also connected to a Daly BMS.

The issue I'm facing is with grid charging; often, the inverter doesn't charge the batteries when there is a grid power (utility power), I have to disconnect then reconnect the battery before the grid charging kick in.

The current setting of program 14 (Charger source priority) set to Solar and Utility option and I have noticed the following mentioned in the manual (See attached with red arrow):

"If this off grid solar inverter is working in battery mode or power saving mode, only solar energy can charge battery. solar energy will charge battery if its available and sufficient."

Is there a way to fix this other the manually disconnecting the batteries?

Note: I can't select option number 2 in program 14 (Utility first) for some reason this option does not appear in the list.

I would really appreciate it if anyone can help.

Thank you all

Annotation 2021-07-17 194614.jpg

Dear Forums members,

I have an off-grid Growatt SPF 5000TL HVM-WPV inverter connected to 16s Lifpo4 pack (total 13kw, 48v) that is also connected to a Daly BMS.

The issue I'm facing is with grid charging; often, the inverter doesn't charge the batteries when there is a grid power (utility power), I have to disconnect then reconnect the battery before the grid charging kick in.

The current setting of program 14 (Charger source priority) set to Solar and Utility option and I have noticed the following mentioned in the manual (See attached with red arrow):

"If this off grid solar inverter is working in battery mode or power saving mode, only solar energy can charge battery. solar energy will charge battery if its available and sufficient."

Note: I can't select option number 2 in program 14 (Utility first) for some reason this option does not appear in the list.

Thank you all

View attachment 56638
put it to SOLAR FIRST the CSO setting and SBU setting

@Cidpineda Thank you,
attached you can see a PDF of my settings.

Just to be clear, you meant

Program 14: Solar First (CSO)?

Attachments

• growatt5000 settings .pdf
    463.8 KB · Views: 79
Hello Trediguy,
Did you resolve this?

The manual is telling you that you can only change Program 14 to CUt (utility first - option2) IF the inverter is either on Line mode, or Standby mode or Fault mode.

Line mode as per the manual is when the Grid is on and passing through the system either as charging or going to the loads. Did you try that?

Dear Forums members,

Thank you all

View attachment 56638
Late to the party but I am assuming you may have worked out the AC charging (utility) values are determined by setting 12 and 13 ("back to battery" and "back to utility") and it cycles around this. AC charging will not kick in until the battery reaches the low end (12), then it charges up once to the high end (13). Your float and bulk settings have no impact. The is no topping up, no floating of C charging. Simply on then off as those settings determine.

Dear Forums members,

Thank you all

View attachment 56638
Hello there, did u manage to fins a solution to your case? I am having the same issue. Thanks

Hello Trediguy,
Did you resolve this?

The manual is telling you that you can only change Program 14 to CUt (utility first - option2) IF the inverter is either on Line mode, or Standby mode or Fault mode.

Line mode as per the manual is when the Grid is on and passing through the system either as charging or going to the loads. Did you try that?
The challenge is how do I change it to line mode?

Back