diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 5000es or EG4 6500ex

Can you explain some of your problems?
Hey Rock, I bought 4 of them to use in a parallel split phase, out of the 4, one works as it seems ( although I havn't really tested it, but at least it turns on. , one seems to be in just a perpetual short state and wont turn on at all, and the other 2 work independently but will fault as soon as both are hooked up on the same chain of Lifepower batteries. I tried on 12 different lifepower batteries, a jackiper, and a different 3rd party 48v battery. The two work independently.. but as soon as they share the same ground both of them throw up the alarm on the battery and shuts power down. Thats the issue that really stumped me.. . I was hoping it was something silly... so i emailed technical support at signature solar. I received no response ( still have not ) so I emailed customer service. The next day they emailed me telling me they have been working on my issue all morning and needed more information, so i sent them a video of the issues.

A few hours later, customer support emailed telling me to return the units I would need to pay a 30% restock fee and pay for shipping. I said that wasn't fair if the product was defective... they said I refused to receive technical support so they were going to charge me. My mouth hit the floor... I sent them videos, emails of the issues, with no response.. so i asked how I refused technical support. They emailed back the next day that sorry they must of been thinking of a different customer... o my god i thought i was in the twilight zone. Then they emailed and said sorry the tech support guy wasnt in that day ( after remember they said they were working with tech support all morning )

So fast forward a day.. customer support emailed me and promised that Adam from technical support would reach out to me that morning and help. Adam never contacted me... Nobody from technical support ever responded. I emailed again yesterday to inform them nobody has contacted me... and its been crickets.

So yeah... I know these units are new to market... i make electronics for a living so I know new things take a while to work out the demons... I have a lot of patience for that. But the horrendous customer service... dealbreaker.

Hmm, thats not what anyone wants to hear that have purchased those. Hopefully it can be worked out with them, keep us updated

Hey Rock, I bought 4 of them to use in a parallel split phase, out of the 4, one works as it seems ( although I havn't really tested it, but at least it turns on. , one seems to be in just a perpetual short state and wont turn on at all, and the other 2 work independently but will fault as soon as both are hooked up on the same chain of Lifepower batteries. I tried on 12 different lifepower batteries, a jackiper, and a different 3rd party 48v battery. The two work independently.. but as soon as they share the same ground both of them throw up the alarm on the battery and shuts power down. Thats the issue that really stumped me.. . I was hoping it was something silly... so i emailed technical support at signature solar. I received no response ( still have not ) so I emailed customer service. The next day they emailed me telling me they have been working on my issue all morning and needed more information, so i sent them a video of the issues.

A few hours later, customer support emailed telling me to return the units I would need to pay a 30% restock fee and pay for shipping. I said that wasn't fair if the product was defective... they said I refused to receive technical support so they were going to charge me. My mouth hit the floor... I sent them videos, emails of the issues, with no response.. so i asked how I refused technical support. They emailed back the next day that sorry they must of been thinking of a different customer... o my god i thought i was in the twilight zone. Then they emailed and said sorry the tech support guy wasnt in that day ( after remember they said they were working with tech support all morning )

So fast forward a day.. customer support emailed me and promised that Adam from technical support would reach out to me that morning and help. Adam never contacted me... Nobody from technical support ever responded. I emailed again yesterday to inform them nobody has contacted me... and its been crickets.

So yeah... I know these units are new to market... i make electronics for a living so I know new things take a while to work out the demons... I have a lot of patience for that. But the horrendous customer service... dealbreaker.

Post your videos here and pics of your setup. It may help others with their issues and possibly resolve yours.

Post your videos here and pics of your setup. It may help others with their issues and possibly resolve yours.
The forum won’t let me post videos, maybe because im new and need a few more posts but regardless I have taken down the EG4 6500exs and put back up the MPP 6548s and they are working fine in the same system..and I will purchase two additional 6548s from a different vendor to get me the extra power output that I need. I really wanted this to work.. and yes i do hope they figure it out because on paper these Eg4 inverters seem to be the golden ticket.

The forum won’t let me post videos, maybe because im new and need a few more posts but regardless I have taken down the EG4 6500exs and put back up the MPP 6548s and they are working fine in the same system..and I will purchase two additional 6548s from a different vendor to get me the extra power output that I need. I really wanted this to work.. and yes i do hope they figure it out because on paper these Eg4 inverters seem to be the golden ticket.
Wish this was more than a hit and run. Maybe Signature Solar or EG4 can chime in.

Back