diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 6000T DVM-MPV to EG4-LL BMS communications

aurfalien

Solar Barney
Hello,
I've watched a few videos form Signature Solar where they advise to connect the master battery RJ485 to the BMS port on the inverter. This is also true in the Growatt manual. However Signature Solar tech support advices me to connect to the inverter RJ485 port. Which should I use?

Hello,
I've watched a few videos form Signature Solar where they advise to connect the master battery RJ485 to the BMS port on the inverter. This is also true in the Growatt manual. However Signature Solar tech support advices me to connect to the inverter RJ485 port. Which should I use?
I know for the Lifepower4 battery you use the BMS port. Not sure about the LL version though.

Welp, I can't seem to set L01 to 36 as it stays on 51 and then the inverter faults. I'll mess around some more as I'm assuming no damage will occur between battery BMS and inverter.

BTW I assume that I can use a straight through ethernet cable between the battery RS485 and the inverter.

An update, the inverter will not talk to the batteries when using its RS485 port so I'm wondering why Signature Solar told me to use it.

It does seem to talk to the batteries via its BMS port and with the inverter set to lithium batteries and L01 51 rather than L01 36.

Sorta odd so I'll call support for clarification.

Also would any one know what is the latest version of firmware for this inverter? And is there a way to see what version is running via the front panel?

Just to put a close this thread.

L1 05 51 is correct for Growatt 6000 inverter <-> EG4-LL BMS communications as verified by Signature Solar. Phew I'm very relieved.

Last edited:
Back