Growatt 6kw with Rosen 10kw powerwall will not charge in AC mode

Rico319

Hi Folks,

Newbie here!! I have been off grid for a few months now, and just got my solar gear installed. Of course the first week that it's setup is cloudy.
I purchased the inverter with the intent that I could charge the battery with my generator when needed.
Well it shows that I have ac in 220 volts at 60 hz, but it will not charge my battery. The generator is not an inverter but it does run pretty steady voltage wise.
It's a 6500 watt generator.
I'm still waiting for Rosen to contact me, but the misses is getting a little jumpy...lol

I have read a few posts that the AC charger in growatts are touchy. Could it be the generator? not interested in paying 5000 for a new generator right now.

Thanks Rick.

Sanwizard

Photon Sorcerer
Hi Folks,

Newbie here!! I have been off grid for a few months now, and just got my solar gear installed. Of course the first week that it's setup is cloudy.
I purchased the inverter with the intent that I could charge the battery with my generator when needed.
Well it shows that I have ac in 220 volts at 60 hz, but it will not charge my battery. The generator is not an inverter but it does run pretty steady voltage wise.
It's a 6500 watt generator.
I'm still waiting for Rosen to contact me, but the misses is getting a little jumpy...lol

I have read a few posts that the AC charger in growatts are touchy. Could it be the generator? not interested in paying 5000 for a new generator right now.

Thanks Rick.
Check all parameters to make sure it will charge from AC, like changing from SBU to just utility mode.

Rico319

Has anyone have a regular generator that works with Growatt inverters? I was able to test the inverter to grid power and it charged the battery. I want to make sure its not my generator before spending 5000 on an inverter generator.

Thanks Rick.

MrM1

I'm Here, But I'm Not All There
Are you on the US? Check harbor freight. I know, sounds like like crap, but I have been really impressed with their inverter generators, although they've may not have one that large.