diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 6kw with Rosen 10kw powerwall will not charge in AC mode

Rico319

Hi Folks,

Newbie here!! I have been off grid for a few months now, and just got my solar gear installed. Of course the first week that it's setup is cloudy.
I purchased the inverter with the intent that I could charge the battery with my generator when needed.
Well it shows that I have ac in 220 volts at 60 hz, but it will not charge my battery. The generator is not an inverter but it does run pretty steady voltage wise.
It's a 6500 watt generator.
I'm still waiting for Rosen to contact me, but the misses is getting a little jumpy...lol

I have read a few posts that the AC charger in growatts are touchy. Could it be the generator? not interested in paying 5000 for a new generator right now.

Thanks Rick.

Hi Folks,

Newbie here!! I have been off grid for a few months now, and just got my solar gear installed. Of course the first week that it's setup is cloudy.
I purchased the inverter with the intent that I could charge the battery with my generator when needed.
Well it shows that I have ac in 220 volts at 60 hz, but it will not charge my battery. The generator is not an inverter but it does run pretty steady voltage wise.
It's a 6500 watt generator.
I'm still waiting for Rosen to contact me, but the misses is getting a little jumpy...lol

I have read a few posts that the AC charger in growatts are touchy. Could it be the generator? not interested in paying 5000 for a new generator right now.

Thanks Rick.
Check all parameters to make sure it will charge from AC, like changing from SBU to just utility mode.

Has anyone have a regular generator that works with Growatt inverters? I was able to test the inverter to grid power and it charged the battery. I want to make sure its not my generator before spending 5000 on an inverter generator.

Thanks Rick.

Are you on the US? Check harbor freight. I know, sounds like like crap, but I have been really impressed with their inverter generators, although they've may not have one that large.

Back