diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 8000-US Grid Tie Inverter with Growatt Meter?

the_uglydog

We use the same electric system as the US with two 110 lines and a ground/neutral. We are not allowed to sell power back to the grid without huge upfront costs and then the payback is tiny, never cost recoverable. I have a Growatt 8000-US, designed for our type system, grid tie inverter that we are planning to use for daytime only appliances and I was wondering if anyone has used the single phase smart meter Growatt sells to make the system zero export on the US style electrical system. I know it works with 230 volt/neutral single phase but how about our split phase system. I've been trying but I can't find out from Growatt. That's about it. the dog

Check out Elgris Zero Export controller from Germany.....
Inquire to sales to get a response. That's what I did...
Oh WOW! Thanks. That seems like it does exactly what I need, plus they also have one that can also control individual loads so I can cut off individual loads when the power levels are low, like morning, evening and cloudy days. Did you find it easy to install and use? Thanks, that's about it. the dog

Bumili ako ng isa sa kanila ng $ 240 US + ship. Na-install ba ito ngunit nagkakaproblema ako sa kanilang webpage. Maaaring ako ang may kasalanan. Isang gawaing isinasagawa. Alam kong nakikipag-usap ito sa aking inverter ngunit kailangan kong magtakda ng mga parameter. Ang pagbili at pagpapadala ay mahusay.
Hindi maraming mga pagpipilian doon.

Pilipino ang aking asawa LOL

Bumili ako ng isa sa kanila ng $ 240 US + ship. Na-install ba ito ngunit nagkakaproblema ako sa kanilang webpage. Maaaring ako ang may kasalanan. Isang gawaing isinasagawa. Alam kong nakikipag-usap ito sa aking inverter ngunit kailangan kong magtakda ng mga parameter. Ang pagbili at pagpapadala ay mahusay.
Hindi maraming mga pagpipilian doon.

Pilipino ang aking asawa LOL
Hi, The price isn't that bad, I've been trying to get a response from them, but they haven't answered yet. The part of our system we are using the Growatt inverter for powers aircons, a pool pump and a well pump, I have all of them set on timers so they shut off when power comes from Meralco instead of my solar. Unlike you, my wife is Filipino! LOL! We decided to retire early a few years ago and decided to remodel her house here and add a few things we liked from our US style home. I'm hoping for something simple as some of the electronics today I find difficult since they "think" they know what you want but won't let you do what you actually want to do. We are in Laguna south of Manila, where are you?
Salamat Po! tungkol doon. ang aso

We are in Northern California...Sierra Nevada foothills.
They might be closed for Thanksgiving for a few days? Covid?
I had quick response earlier this week managing their embedded webpage.
I am (today) just beginning to delve in to webpage info. Work in progress.

Yes! Northern CA near the mountains is beautiful, I've seen lots of pictures but haven't made it there yet. For sure, Covid is messing everything up. From what I hear the lockdowns in CA and Europe are worse than here in PH, all we have to do now is wear a mask outside of our property and limit of 4 people in a car. I've been working on our system for about a year now, we already have about 15,000KW operating, one 10K Ames inverter with one 5K Must inverter. The Growatt will make about 8K in the middle of the day. The first system makes about 4K from about 7AM till 4PM and full 10K from about 9AM till 3PM when only partly sunny. We put extra panels with 4 charge controllers so it would work like is popular in Australia, doing what they call "clip" at peak power output, but make a lot more in morning and afternoon, that's for our critical loads, so when I get that done it should operate 24 hours + with no sun. that's about it. the dog.

24 hrs? You have batteries?
How many modules or arrays do you have?
Hi, We're planning on adding LifePo4 batteries early next year for our critical load inverter, maybe 1400ah, then as the batteries on the other inverters give out we'll add them there too. Right now our critical loads are on an Ames 10KW inverter with 4 charge controllers each with 3 strings of 3, 360 watt panels with the ability to add one more controller and 3 more strings if we need to, this is backed up by a 35KW generator. This right now has 8, 200ah batteries that last about 10 hours if we are careful what's on. The 2nd inverter we have is a Must 5KW inverter with 4 strings of 3, 360 watt panels and 12, 100 ah batteries. Then there is the Growatt 8000KW grid tie inverter with 3 strings of 10 each 300 watt panels that I'm working on now. After these are finished and working properly, we will add an additional Must 5KW inverter with 4 strings of 3, 360 watt panels with 8 150 ah batteries and we also have a New Green technology 12.5KW heavy load inverter we will be setting up for our well pumps, dryer and pool pump., if I remember correctly it will have about 30 panels, I haven't read everything on it yet but it has a 96 volt charger so there are more panels with less strings. This inverter will also be hooked to our generator for backup. When we get the Lifepo4 batteries the 200ah batteries will be moved to this inverter. We have so much stuff cause my "boss" (wife) had a contractor install the 2 Must inverters and the 300 watt panels, but nothing at all was done right and it actually cost more money to run it than it made, so I rebuilt everything correctly with the correct size inverters for our critical loads, the correct wire size and type and ended up using the Must inverters to power common area a/c units that we use only during the day. The 12.5KW inverter we bought when we ordered our first group of 360 watt panels, they had a great deal on it, less than $1000!
that's about it. the dog

Back