diy solar

diy solar

Growatt and Circuit Breakers

I am not sure, but you are probably right. If it is a concern, make one of the recepticals a GFCI with the built in breaker.
That's a fair point. I will have two 20-amp receptacles (the ones with the slot), but considering I can pull 25A and have a 32A circuit breaker, there's nothing technically stopping me from burning out a receptacle by pulling 25A. I'll probably risk it (I can't stomach yet another circuit breaker, and my build is nearing completion) and be careful not to plug more than 20A into a single receptacle.

Filter Guy, I did have one follow up question. I notice my 32A AC circuit breaker only has two inputs/outputs, so there doesn't appear to be one for my GND cable. Do I take my 10/3 cable, run it to the circuit breaker, run a second length out of the circuit breaker, and then tie the GND's together, bypassing the breaker? Let me try to draw this out.

1658979231147.png

And for fun, here is a picture of my build, now physical. Only thing missing is AC out.
solar 0727.jpg

Do I take my 10/3 cable, run it to the circuit breaker, run a second length out of the circuit breaker, and then tie the GND's together, bypassing the breaker?
Yes.... but I would run the Equipment Grounding conductor through the breaker box.

Back