diy solar

diy solar

Growatt and MPP gave different answers

Reliance does have a transfer switch that switches neutral.

Panel/Link X-Series Neutral Switching Panels​

As it switches neutral sequentially after the double pole is thrown manually, this would a problem if a load is present. Now if one was to throw the switch before powering up the inverter, then it would work. Most of the Reliance transfer switches don't even have a neutral busbar internal, only power circuits which creates a huge problem with the N-G bond in the main panel. Those work fine with unbonded gensets, not with an inverter that bonds N-G. Good find however, I was unaware Reliance was making a neutral switching transfer switch. Notice however, on some models for example a 100A utility feed is only 50A capacity on generator/inverter. As to why, I don't know other than if is due to using a cord and not hard wired in.

One other thing is availability, I looked around for this model: http://www.reliancecontrols.com/ProductDetail.aspx?XRR1010DR

And found none in stock or unavailable.

N/G bonding is necessary.
But with mpp, it becomes an issue with multiple inverters in parallel.
Hi, what is the issue with multiple MPP Solar inverters (in this case 2 -LVX6048 in parallel), would like to know, thanks

Hi, what is the issue with multiple MPP Solar inverters (in this case 2 -LVX6048 in parallel), would like to know, thanks
It would depend on where the inverter was purchased, some sellers are selling the inverter with no N-G bonding screw in the unit, other sellers have an inverter with the N-G bonding screw in place.

If you have 2 inverters in parallel and both have N-G bonding present, there will be objectionable current on the EGC. How it is wired with the main panel and subpanel after the inverters will determine where the objectionable current will be present.

It is recommended to contact where you purchased from to determine if internal bonding is present under inverter power. Then design your system to minimize objectionable current. If both inverters are N-G bonded under inverter power and the units are daisy chained, the only objectionable will be between the 2 inverters.

With the LVX6048, Ian of Watts247 put out a video on the LVX6048

Back