diy solar

diy solar

GroWatt AOI + EG4 Battery. Help selecting Miscellaneous and Accessories?

Old_Skewler

Solar Enthusiast
We are moving forward with a GroWatt SPF DVM-MPV all-in-one unit coupled to a EG4 48V 100Ah battery. Possibly another 100Ah battery will be added down the road. GroWatt to control/auto start backup 12kW propane gas generator based on battery levels. (4) 400W PV panels to be added during phase II.

What other appurtenances or accessories are required or recommended?
  • I suspect a DC Breaker is highly recommended. Is this 200Amp 48V DC breaker with switch a good design? DC Breaker
  • How about AC switch or breaker, between new inverter AC & existing electrical panel? Is it necessary? AC Switch
  • How do I connect my laptop to the battery or inverter? I suspect I will need an adapter?
  • Any other device?

• I suspect a DC Breaker is highly recommended. Is this 200Amp 48V DC breaker with switch a good design? DC Breaker
  • How about AC switch or breaker, between new inverter AC & existing electrical panel? Is it necessary? AC Switch
  • How do I connect my laptop to the battery or inverter? I suspect I will need an adapter?
  • Any other device?
1. Always recommend breakers between any 2 pieces of equipment. Just for safety.
2. See #1
3. You would plug it into the wall like normal. If you really want to plug directly to the inverter or battery you would need a transformer (expensive and not worth it).
4. Wiring, possibly shunts for monitoring, lots of misc equipment depending on your set up.

3. You would plug it into the wall like normal. If you really want to plug directly to the inverter or battery you would need a transformer (expensive and not worth it).
I see the confusion, I meant to say how to connect the laptop to the system for monitoring purposes, if possible. I wasn't asking how to power the laptop.

4. Wiring, possibly shunts for monitoring, lots of misc equipment depending on your set up.
(y)

The EG4 batteries have a built-in breaker/ disconnect.
So, that's already covered.
I would recommend a disconnect for the solar, near the SCC. For maintenance purposes.
And appropriately sized breakers for the AC in and AC out.

Back