diy solar

diy solar

Growatt Ark 10.25L-A1 and SPF 5000 ES disconnects with warning 19

SIdmouthsteve

I start the Inverter then start the battery and it all looks good with green lights and blue lights on on the battery packs. Then 5-10 minutes later I get warning 19 (Battery disconnect) and the lights on the battery turn off.

System:
Growatt Ark 10.25L-A1 battery with BMS and SPF 5000 ES inverter
Solar panels not yet fitted.
The battery is 60% charged.
Inverter is set to:
01: SBU
02: CHG1 10A
05: bAtt Li (use Ark BMS)

The rest of the options are default because this is a test of battery charging before installing solar panels.

Any ideas?

It is normal that the inverter shuts down IF NO LOADS ARE PULLING POWER some time after starting it. Think of it as a timer.

It is normal that the inverter shuts down IF NO LOADS ARE PULLING POWER some time after starting it. Think of it as a timer.
Thank you for the reply.

I found the answer today. The Growatt ARK batteries need CAN communication. The alternative, RS485, although supposedly available, does not work.

The Growatt SPF 5000 ES inverter needs to be set as follows to work with the ARK:

Option 5: Li
Option 36: L51

Option 36 only appears after setting option 5 to Li (for Lithium with BMS). It is omitted from the main list of options in the manual but is described on page 7.

Option 36 is the key, it should be set to L51 for CAN but it has a default value of L01 which means RS485 protocol will be used and this does not work with the ARK.

Ensure the comms cable is plugged into the inverter using the "BMS" port on the left rather than the "RS485" port on the right (as viewed from the front).

I have wasted hours on this but alls well that ends well.

Guten Morgen

habe gestern folgende Probleme gehabt:

Einstellungen WR:
Batterie zuerst

12 auf 20%

13 auf 90%

14 auf C50

21 auf 20%

Akku: 54 %

Anzeige hat folgenden Fehlercode angezeigt:
52 , 80 und 04 und der Batterieschalter hat alle 10 Minuten ausgelöst bzw. hat sich getrennt von den WR

Kann mir jemand weiter helfen ich wäre sehr dankbar

Gruß Andi

I have had this problem too.

If you reset to the default values the error 52 should stop.

I will be exploring the error soon.

Error 52 means the "Bus" voltage is too low. A bus could be all sorts of things from the power lines on the circuit board to the communications circuit. It is options 12, 13 and 21 that are the problem so I guess that the battery voltage becomes too low. The default values (manual, p8) are:

12: 50%
13: 95%
21: 20%

My plan:
1. Set 12 to 40%, if OK then 30% etc.
Force the inverter to restart:
2. Set 18 to ENA (enabled)
3. Set 06 to ENA

Google translate:
Ich habe dieses Problem auch gehabt.

Wenn Sie auf die Standardwerte zurücksetzen, sollte der Fehler 52 aufhören.

Ich werde dem Fehler demnächst auf den Grund gehen.

Fehler 52 bedeutet, dass die „Bus“-Spannung zu niedrig ist. Ein Bus könnte alles Mögliche sein, von den Stromleitungen auf der Leiterplatte bis zum Kommunikationskreis. Es sind die Optionen 12, 13 und 21, die das Problem darstellen, also vermute ich, dass die Batteriespannung zu niedrig wird. Die Standardwerte (manuell, p8) sind:

12: 50 %
13: 95 %
21: 20 %

Mein Plan:
1. Stellen Sie 12 auf 40 % ein, wenn OK, dann 30 % usw.
Neustart des Wechselrichters erzwingen:
2. Stellen Sie 18 auf ENA (aktiviert)
3. Stellen Sie 06 auf ENA ein

Manual: https://www.ginverter.com/upload/file/contents/2021/09/61418fede07da.pdf

Back