diy solar

diy solar

Growatt Auto Start Generator - Recommendations?

jordanregier

Hi everyone,

I have a SPF 3000 TL Growatt with a 24V 200 amp FLA battery bank I am in the process of building for a weekend cabin. My current generator does not have auto start capabilities (Yamaha EF6600DE), it's old and burns a lot of fuel. I would like to get a smaller 2-3KW generator to power my light loads (1000w max at any given time). I read the growatt has autostart capabilities and I would like to wire the generator to the growatt. What generator would you recommend?

Thanks,

The Growatt 3000 has a dry contact relay which can be used for a 2 wire generator start (contact closes when battery voltage hits setpoint,. Ian has instructions on his website (watts247.com). Your generator would need to work with 2 wire remote start, which is not common for small portable generators. More important is quality of the AC output from the generator as Growatt needs a clean AC waveform input.

The Growatt 3000 has a dry contact relay which can be used for a 2 wire generator start (contact closes when battery voltage hits setpoint,. Ian has instructions on his website (watts247.com). Your generator would need to work with 2 wire remote start, which is not common for small portable generators. More important is quality of the AC output from the generator as Growatt needs a clean AC waveform input.
Can you recommend which generator you would use? I have a Growatt 5000 that has a dry contact relay and want to get a generator but I am so confused what to buy that isn't going to break the bank. Can anyone help with a good suggestion?

Can you recommend which generator you would use? I have a Growatt 5000 that has a dry contact relay and want to get a generator but I am so confused what to buy that isn't going to break the bank. Can anyone help with a good suggestion?
Did you ever find a solution ? I am looking for the same, a small inverter generator with auto start like the Westinghouse igen4500 , Champion 200994, or either of the Wen / Firman options (most / all seem to be rebrands)

It doesn't appear that even though the small inverters all have electric or remote start that they are compatible with the 2 wire systems in the Growatt inverter.

Back