diy solar

diy solar

Growatt dashboard completely wrong?

x98myers7

Solar Enthusiast
Hi everyone,
I just got my Growatt LVM3000 24v up and running, and I can't make any sense of the dashboard.

the daily load consumption graph stopped at 3.7kwh. refreshing the dashboard never changes it. historical data for yesterday shows a total load output power of 51078, which I assume is watts. by my math, that's 2128watts per hour. I must be doing something wrong here.

Is this expected?

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I sure would love to get some input on this. so, here's what's going on...

take 8/9 for example:

Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 7.25.07 AM.png
when I look at the detailed history in the data logger, output power for the day, summed up is 33660watts total. How is the day being translated at 2.9kwh/2900wh? 33660w/24hrs= 1402wh.

second example; when grid input is disabled, the inverter load directly from battery power was 9554 watts. the dashboard shows inverter load at 0.7kwh/700wh? 9554w/8hrs= 1194wh

When I do an hourly sum from the data logger, it's consuming consistently around 1200watts per hour. so, yep... averaging out to right around 1194wh. great.

If I use some very basic math to calculate the consumption from the battery voltage (single Chins 24v 100ah), starting voltage is 26.6v (90%) and ending voltage is 25.9v (25%), so roughly 65% of battery capacity was consumed. that's a 2400wh battery, or 1560wh consumed. the duration of time of battery consumption was 945am to 600pm, roughly 8hrs. 1560wh is pretty close to 1194wh... so, fine. just trying to check my math.

what am I missing? I'm trying to get an accurate picture of consumption, and as far as I can tell the growatt dashboard is completely worthless.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I sure would love to get some input on this. so, here's what's going on...

take 8/9 for example:

View attachment 106246
when I look at the detailed history in the data logger, output power for the day, summed up is 33660watts total. How is the day being translated at 2.9kwh/2900wh? 33660w/24hrs= 1402wh.

second example; when grid input is disabled, the inverter load directly from battery power was 9554 watts. the dashboard shows inverter load at 0.7kwh/700wh? 9554w/8hrs= 1194wh

When I do an hourly sum from the data logger, it's consuming consistently around 1200watts per hour. so, yep... averaging out to right around 1194wh. great.

If I use some very basic math to calculate the consumption from the battery voltage (single Chins 24v 100ah), starting voltage is 26.6v (90%) and ending voltage is 25.9v (25%), so roughly 65% of battery capacity was consumed. that's a 2400wh battery, or 1560wh consumed. the duration of time of battery consumption was 945am to 600pm, roughly 8hrs. 1560wh is pretty close to 1194wh... so, fine. just trying to check my math.

what am I missing? I'm trying to get an accurate picture of consumption, and as far as I can tell the growatt dashboard is completely worthless.
Hello, so here are my 2 cents. I use the dashboard because the screen on these things is so small I can't tell what is going on. I use it just for adjusting the settings, and that was once or twice just to make changes. The dashboard to me is useless, I'm pretty sure a lot of people are having all kinds of issues with the information on it. The only piece I use is the voltage reading and to determine what is going on with the charge/discharge function of the Growatt and most of the time all I want to know is if is charging from AC or solar or discharging from batteries. Sadly that is not accurate either, right now the Smart Shunt shows 700 Watts coming in and the Growatt says is offline! It is offline because the data logger went off line for no apparent reason, there are no problems with the network! No error code or anything indicating that, I happened to look at the LED indicator on the data logger and is red, or offline! according to the manual under troubleshooting says to replace the WIFI adapter! Really? So here is how I fixed that issue. I disconnected the dongle and after a minute or so plugged back in, it connected without any issues. The dongle is use to store your saved and current profile(s) if the WIFI adapter disconnects the Growatt will detect this and use it's default profile, which in my opinion is not correct for the type batteries I got not even close! That is basically it, the rest is junk to me, never accurate, takes a long time to update changes and most of the time I end up having to disable the AC switch so that the Growatt starts using the batteries specially when the SOC is below 15% and this is another bummer. The Growatt don't have a built in shunt, so unless you use batteries with communications you are out of luck, I ended up using a Victron's Smart Shunt to be able to determine the bank's SOC, the Growatt will always show 100% SOC because it can't determine anything else based on voltage. If you use the data logger or WIFI adapter and want to make or edit the configuration you have to do a reset and start all over again. If you turn of or disconnect the Growatt for battery maintenance or something of that nature the data logger settings will revert back to default settings, so now you have to set it up again! Just too many issues with this system. I wish I knew all this before spending the money on this. Customer service from Growatt is not there! Normally I refrain from negative comments since I'm an optimistic but in this case, I would stay away! For me is too late but for you maybe not! Demand proper performance, Victron stuff is looking better by the day a little pricey but you will get what you pay for. I got their charge controllers and after almost 7 years they still work flawlessly! Very disappointed. I will keep updating this comment for the benefit of others that might be having some of these issues.

Last edited:
Back