diy solar

diy solar

Growatt data granularity decreased, Shine-Wifi

corporate.joe

Solar Enthusiast
***Hardware Setup***
I have been using the Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM-24P with a ShineWIFI-S(firmware 1.7.6.6) module.

The WiFi module communicates with Growatt servers through a proxy application, https://github.com/johanmeijer/grott , on a Raspberry Pi. That application takes the data and puts it into influxdb and forwards it to Growatt servers. I configured the WiFi module to update in one minute intervals and it has been working now for over a year, sending the buffered minute worth of data.

***The Issue***
The granularity of data in Grafana was somewhere around 10 seconds or so. Now it seems greater than 10 minutes for some of the data points. I will attach screenshots that include the Growatt data and the shunt data to help me explain. At the top of the Grafana screenshots is data from only the inverter. Bottom graph is from the shunt. This started late evening(Central US) August 29th. Since this time I have also noticed in some instances the data for battery flow and inverter load do not balance out(evening, no sun/MPPT input).

Looking at the graphs on Growatt's site has always been less detailed than mine in Grafana, but I can also see the same decrease in resolution there.

To my knowledge there have not been any OTA updates on the system. Not sure that is possible except maybe the WiFi dongle itself.

This is not a huge issue for me. It does spark an interest as to why it would happen and I'm interested if anyone else has noticed similar with their logging at or near the same date. I'm tempted to look further into the proxy application to see whether the data it inserts into influxdb is before or after communication with Growatt servers.

The only load on the system is the inverter itself. There is another charge controller.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Joe-

Attachments

• Screenshot_Grafana-08-29-22_A.png
    Screenshot_Grafana-08-29-22_A.png
    150.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_Grafana-08-29-22_B.png.png
    Screenshot_Grafana-08-29-22_B.png.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 20
  • GrowattChart-08-29-22.jpeg
    GrowattChart-08-29-22.jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 19