diy solar

diy solar

Growatt firmware update

Ericl8702

Hi. Does anyone know where I can get the latest firmware update for a growatt 3000lvm- 48v? I'm having a problem with it not picking up and charging off of solar in the morning with a lithium battery hooked up, and want to see if that helps.

Hi. Does anyone know where I can get the latest firmware update for a growatt 3000lvm- 48v? I'm having a problem with it not picking up and charging off of solar in the morning with a lithium battery hooked up, and want to see if that helps.
Send some more info

Which battery type are you using? If you don't have proper battery communication, you need one of the USER battery options.
1646850016708.png

I am having the same issue, but with a 12k. Have you had any luck with the firmware update? I know signature solar has firmware available for mine. Not sure about your specific model.

I’m sorted out . I’m not touching it. It shall stay where it is
I’m on use settings.added my Outback FM80 with 2700w of panels to help in these overcast days having now. Working perfectly . Monitoring with battery monitor to the Seplos bms x3 and direct usb cable to the inverter with PVkeeper v.2 to the inverter. Bought Solar assistant and just waiting on my Rasberry pi 4 to com in this week and monitor both from that. That’s where I Stop.

I have checked the Firmware Update folder that SS provided in another thread. They have removed the actual update files for the inverters, but the install ISP files are still there.

Does any one have a confirmed working firmware update for the 12K SPF12000 split wave DVM ?

Last edited:
Here's a firmware image for the SPF 3000TL LVM ES I recently used. Fixed an EG4-Growatt communication issue where I could not get them to talk (error 4, 4-20).
I'll post the details of my experiences in a new thread.
New thread: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/e...s-and-signature-solars-eg4.40376/#post-510408

I was running 051.01/052.01 bms/mppt. Unit was purchased on April 2021 but I'm not sure which date is associated with firmware 051.01.
Full file names are:
F2809_SK051.04_20210701_A (one that was given to me as a working firmware, that I kept in case 2022-01-04 didn't work)
F2809_SK051.05_20220104_A (the running version)
F030_SK052.05_20220104_A for the mppt. I did not flash this.

Do not flash with any loads on. I had mine running on battery with solar disconnected when I flashed F2809*, but apparently solar input is required to flash the MPPT board [F030] successfully.

Attachments

• GroWatt Firmware.zip
    175.1 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Hi i updated one of my inverters and it has stopped working. upgrade process finish successfully but when unit restarted LCD was off and inverter has no output. I was having same problem no charging in the morning. Flooded bank

Post your bulk and float settings and what the battery voltage is in the morning. Most likely float is set too low.

I just ran into this thread as I have a similar issue and am hoping to find a solution to my system problems .
Can I ask for advice please on Growatt spf 5000?

When my three li batteries are at 100 % the Growatt inverters shut down = no power !
system :
28 x 400 w panels
2x growatt spf 5000
3x rosen 200a batteries in parallel

settings

USE /batteries
this way I can adjust input/output volttages .

I switch on the panels when batteries are under 50% then as soon as they reach 100%
it all shuts down .
I have tried all kinds of settings but nothing changes .Is this familiar to any of you guys ?

I have just been sent a firmware update but after reading these comments am uncertain whether I should up grade ?

I just ran into this thread as I have a similar issue and am hoping to find a solution to my system problems .
Can I ask for advice please on Growatt spf 5000?

When my three li batteries are at 100 % the Growatt inverters shut down = no power !
system :
28 x 400 w panels
2x growatt spf 5000
3x rosen 200a batteries in parallel

settings

USE /batteries
this way I can adjust input/output volttages .

I switch on the panels when batteries are under 50% then as soon as they reach 100%
it all shuts down .
I have tried all kinds of settings but nothing changes .Is this familiar to any of you guys ?

I have just been sent a firmware update but after reading these comments am uncertain whether I should up grade ?
Lower your charge voltage settings and see what happens.

Set on 47v / 52 v as suggested by Rosen solar . This should restrict capacity to 20% / 80 %.
Was reading this thread https://diysolarforum.com/threads/r...sing-amp-hrs-and-soc-dropping-each-day.36962/

I believe this battery is 15S.

I would lower the upper charge setting in 0.5V increments and see what occurs. If you can, read the individual cell voltages near the top of the current charging voltage, most likely one cell is a runner and leading to battery shutdown.

Was reading this thread https://diysolarforum.com/threads/r...sing-amp-hrs-and-soc-dropping-each-day.36962/

I believe this battery is 15S.

I would lower the upper charge setting in 0.5V increments and see what occurs. If you can, read the individual cell voltages near the top of the current charging voltage, most likely one cell is a runner and leading to battery shutdown.
Ok thanks , I'll try dropping the top setting.
They are perhaps overcharging ?
I have considered disconnecting some panels to lower the input , as the SPF 5000 is rated at 5kw and panels should exceed that and possibly overcharge?

Ok thanks , I'll try dropping the top setting.
They are perhaps overcharging ?
I have considered disconnecting some panels to lower the input , as the SPF 5000 is rated at 5kw and panels should exceed that and possibly overcharge?
Overpaneling should not affect the battery voltage unless you have a gross overpanel situation that damages the SCC.

I believe you have cell or group of cells (15S4P for example) that is a runner and causing the BMS to cut off charging.

Hi i updated one of my inverters and it has stopped working. upgrade process finish successfully but when unit restarted LCD was off and inverter has no output. I was having same problem no charging in the morning. Flooded bank
Here's a firmware image for the SPF 3000TL LVM ES I recently used. Fixed an EG4-Growatt communication issue where I could not get them to talk (error 4, 4-20).
I'll post the details of my experiences in a new thread.
New thread: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/e...s-and-signature-solars-eg4.40376/#post-510408

I was running 051.01/052.01 bms/mppt. Unit was purchased on April 2021 but I'm not sure which date is associated with firmware 051.01.
Full file names are:
F2809_SK051.04_20210701_A (one that was given to me as a working firmware, that I kept in case 2022-01-04 didn't work)
F2809_SK051.05_20220104_A (the running version)
F030_SK052.05_20220104_A for the mppt. I did not flash this.

Do not flash with any loads on. I had mine running on battery with solar disconnected when I flashed F2809*, but apparently solar input is required to flash the MPPT board [F030] successfully.

@angelrally @mtts
I flashed my Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM-48P with the F2809_SK051.05_20220104_A firmware and it "Completed Successfully" according to the ISP software but when I restarted the inverter I have a blank screen and no AC/INV, CHG or Fault lights are on. The Fan is running at full speed though, and stays that way.

I've tried completely powering it down and waited 10 minutes etc. to see if its just not fully restarting but no change in outcome.

I have also tried to reflash the firmware using a technique of turning everything off, connecting the USB and starting the flash again. Then turn the batter power back on to allow the inverter to power up. The com board has all the led's lite up for a moment when it first gets power making me think its not likely a com board issue. The ISP software can start the communication. I can see it write the first line and an orange light goes on the comm board. That just seems to stay like that endlessly at this point.

So I am stuck with nothing on the LCD screen and trying to reflash is not working at all. Any suggestions on how to fix this or what I could try next?

Thanks in advance for any help!

UPDATE:
So I contacted Growatt and they said I used the wrong firmware.... the one above is only for the ES version. I was given a new firmware to try and load but I had no luck installing it. They now say I need to replace my control board. They also mentioned "We don't recommend fw update for SPF." Just for completeness of this post I am putting the link they gave me here for the SPF firmware and ISP software (v4.3) but use at your own risk...

Last edited:
Back