diy solar

diy solar

Growatt installation orientation

Tuckles

I have a Growatt all in one unit and my question is, does the installation orientation matter? As there are no moving parts other than the fan, is there a reason that I couldn't install it horizontally, having it lay on its back with brackets on the sides to elevate it off of the surface to allow air circulation all around the unit?
Thanks in advance!!

I have a Growatt all in one unit and my question is, does the installation orientation matter? As there are no moving parts other than the fan, is there a reason that I couldn't install it horizontally, having it lay on its back with brackets on the sides to elevate it off of the surface to allow air circulation all around the unit?
Thanks in advance!!
Check the manual. A lot of electronics depend on convection for cooling even when they have fans. In that case, orientation *does* matter.

Thank you for the reply's!
My issue is that I dont really have a wall space area that I can mount it to. I have the G4LL batteries in the rolling cabinet and have the in and out cables designed to allow me to move the battery stack and Growatt unit within the room in/on the rolling cabinet. I had hoped to be able to place the Growatt in a horizontal position on top of the cabinet with side brackets to elevate the unit several inches from the top to allow air flow all around. This might work out with the use of a cooling fan to provide a constant flow of air over the bottom of the unit, perhaps a computer fan? My other option is to build an H type bracket that will attach to the cabinet and allow me to attach the unit in the suggested vertical position above the cabinet and still move with the cabinet. I know its an outside the box scenario but I have to work with what I have. Any ideas, suggestions?

Back