diy solar

diy solar

growatt inverter lost wifi / internet connection. Is data lost? can I record/retrieve data locally?

deetoy

lost internet connection during an ISP changeover recently, also lost wifi signal during new modem troubleshooting period, overall lost a couple of part days data from my growatt solar inverter (MIN 10000TL-X)

When wifi and internet connectivity is lost, does the system lose all the data normally collected?
Can this be retrieved later?
is there a way to record the data locally as a backup to the event of future data connectivity loss?

the growatt inverter charts from the day don't make sense and appear to be misreading data.
(power consumed and solar generated are exact match while power imported from and exported to the grid are both zero for the duration of the wifi/internet outage.)

anyone else experienced this?

I wasn't necessarily expecting the growatt inverter would store data for extended periods, my previous sunnyboy inverter stored data for months and required bluetooth connection to download, was expecting _some_ local data storage due to the vagaries of uploading data to remote cloud servers. This leaves me a little worried about futureproofing the inverter if/when growatt servers fail.

I was hoping to find a local webserver running on the ip address allocated to the growatt inverter on my network, haven't done a full port scan to see if any services are available to connect to. maybe someone here has done something?

as I'm writing this I found

and

I'd love to dig into it, time and my learning curve..... :(

The data is stored in the WIFI-sticks. If your internet connection goes down for some time, the data will be stored in the sticks and transferred to the cloud solution when it is accessible again.
You normally do not lose data.

Back