diy solar

diy solar

Growatt Inverter Not Auto Starting In Morning

Maybe this doesn’t help much at the moment as I’ve shit the system down until I can find more info. That’s what it looks like now anyways.

That breaker has a visual trip indication.
Did it trip or did you manual turn it off?

That breaker has a visual trip indication.
Did it trip or did you manual turn it off?
I manually turned it off. Now thinking about it more, the breaker couldn’t be tripping because the battery stays on overnight as the soc and run indicator lights remain on even when the PV input icon turns off on the inverter and isn’t receiving voltage.

My not be the problem but 325 watt panels usually have a VOC of around 50 volts. I think your mppt is 145 volts. 50x3=150 volts

I manually turned it off. Now thinking about it more, the breaker couldn’t be tripping because the battery stays on overnight as the soc and run indicator lights remain on even when the PV input icon turns off on the inverter and isn’t receiving voltage.
Cool, we are making progress.

I suggest that you turn the system back on.
Assuming it is in the failed state tomorrow morning use your dvom to check the voltage on the all_in_one at the pv terminals and at the system side terminals.
Also take a picture of the all_in_one and battery lcd screens.
Report back and lets see if can get another 10 yards down the field.

My not be the problem but 325 watt panels usually have a VOC of around 50 volts. I think your mppt is 145 volts. 50x3=150 volts
Yeah. My panels are not ideal
Assuming it is in the failed state tomorrow morning use your dvom to check the voltage on the all_in_one at the pv terminals and at the system side terminals.
Will do, buddy. Appreciate it!

My inverter specs show max vdc input 145 and the panel VOC is 45.5v. Probably a bit too close. I’ve tested the array voltage and they haven’t tested over 120v at any point however.

Last edited:

So the sun has completely went down here and the tiny bit I thought I knew is perhaps backwards.

Now the breaker is in the up position but the indicator is red. I flipped the breaker to the down position it turns green. Back up, red again.

I reset the inverter and the breaker (remained red) but the Inverter screen shows panels connected. The battery indicator on the inverter screen is solid.

When the sun went down the breaker was up, but red. The inverter screen showed no panel connection but the inverter battery symbol was blinking like it was charging.

I’m totally confused and apologize for being such a noob.

So the sun has completely went down here and the tiny bit I thought I knew is perhaps backwards.

Now the breaker is in the up position but the indicator is green. I flipped the breaker to the down position it turns green. Back up, red again.

I reset the inverter and the breaker (remained red) but the Inverter screen shows panels connected. The battery indicator on the inverter screen is solid.

When the sun went down the breaker was up, but red. The inverter screen showed no panel connection but the inverter battery symbol was blinking like it was charging.

I’m totally confused and apologize for being such a noob.

Attachments

• 0F26DBAE-089A-43F3-8BFB-37EFB8D96F1F.jpeg
    0F26DBAE-089A-43F3-8BFB-37EFB8D96F1F.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 17
  • E7243F16-EC74-4494-814D-523AB847FCDE.jpeg
    E7243F16-EC74-4494-814D-523AB847FCDE.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 17
  • 7C835D6D-EFEA-4FF4-8A84-81A7A38D4E15.jpeg
    7C835D6D-EFEA-4FF4-8A84-81A7A38D4E15.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 17
  • A6F8126D-6D30-4454-B8B0-E8D0DB899DBB.jpeg
    A6F8126D-6D30-4454-B8B0-E8D0DB899DBB.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 18
Breaker currently in up position with red indicator but battery indicator lights are on and I’m getting power from it

Breaker currently in up position with red indicator but battery indicator lights are on and I’m getting power from it
What do the red and green status indicators signify?

Last edited:
What are the charger bulk and float voltage settings at? Float should be about 0.5V less than bulk. It will not start charging again until the float voltage level is reached.

What are the charger bulk and float voltage settings at? Float should be about 0.5V less than bulk. It will not start charging again until the float voltage level is reached.
Bulk is currently 56.4 and float 54.0. Do you think I should adjust one or the other?

Check the PV Voc voltage when you have the problem. If PV input voltage is above or below SSC input voltage limits it will not start up SSC in inverter.

Three series panels may not meet minimum startup voltage limit with minimal illumination and panel leakage current bleeding down actual Voc.

Last edited:
Additional info-

Terminals at battery currently read 54v
PV terminals at Inverter reading between 60-100v and ranging very fast.

Also, I’m getting 0 PV battery amps reading on Inverter display. That doesn’t sound right either :/

Attachments

• 36BFE3AD-0CCC-41C3-9D6E-9DB0E976D5D1.jpeg
    36BFE3AD-0CCC-41C3-9D6E-9DB0E976D5D1.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 5
Back