diy solar

diy solar

Growatt Inverter Not Auto Starting In Morning

If you toggle the battery breaker does the pv charger resume charging?

After you toggle the battery breaker does the status light turn green?
Assuming that it turns green when you reset the breaker, when does it turn red?

There should definitely know when the breaker is in the 'on' position, it's much harder to flip. I'd check it both ways just to make safe. That being said, can you post all your growatt settings? There are some that can prevent it from turning back on if the voltage is set too high etc. More than likely there is a setting that is wrong. I'll re-read the last 2 pages but I didn't see you post all your settings because there are options for times to turn on, voltages to turn on, etc that could be the problem.

Zwy is right. I didn't even read that when I was going through the comments. I'd still recommend posting all your settings as there may be other settings that would prevent charging.

Any solutions yet? Sorry if this is not on proper thread. Something goofed and can't delete it.

Hi guys, I’m new here. I got the same problem in the morning with the PV energy detection. Reading the post I found that
for my batteries (lead-crystal) the set#5 in USE permit to set the 19,20 and 21, this change immediately the PV energy detection and it works well now.

Thanks for the light!

Hi having the same problem , i have growatt 5000es , 8 panels in series Canadian 595W each , at night the battery reaches the cut-off setting in the program of the inverter . This is normal the inverter should cut the loads and turn off , and when sunrise it should turn on and start charging the battery and bring ac to loads normally ( i have another inverter in my parents home usually like this ) but my inverter does not start up by morning till i turn the inverter off then on by the switch of the inverter . Any body have new update for fix for this problem ?

Hi having the same problem , i have growatt 5000es , 8 panels in series Canadian 595W each , at night the battery reaches the cut-off setting in the program of the inverter . This is normal the inverter should cut the loads and turn off , and when sunrise it should turn on and start charging the battery and bring ac to loads normally ( i have another inverter in my parents home usually like this ) but my inverter does not start up by morning till i turn the inverter off then on by the switch of the inverter . Any body have new update for fix for this problem ?
I'm having the same problem in the morning, did you find a solution?

Write an email to Growatt Service and see if they have a firmware update that addresses the problem.
I talked to Growatt, they said they will send me a firmware update, but they weren't clear if that will solve the problem.

They seemed like they have heard of this problem before when I explained what's was going on because they offered to send me the firmware update right away. Finger's crossed.

Same issue with my Growatt 3000 stacked 2 together in parallel. Morning charging does not occur unless I disconnect battery power and restart both inverters, then it charges normally. I have let the system go all day and it never charges until I disconnect power and restart.

Hi, again i send email to
service@ginverter.com and samfang@ginverter.com , till now no response
My settings , SOL , CHARGING 20A, UPS , 220VAc output , 50HZ etc ... and charging Sol ( i dont have any other electricity source ) user defined battery , bulk 56.4V, float 54.4V ,CUT OFF : 44V ... i have 4 GEL BATTERIES each 100amph.

Reddv1 can confirm if the firmware fixed ur problem ?

Same issue with my Growatt 3000 stacked 2 together in parallel. Morning charging does not occur unless I disconnect battery power and restart both inverters, then it charges normally. I have let the system go all day and it never charges until I disconnect power and restart.
Unless you have float setting 0.5V below bulk setting, the unit will not begin charging until the float voltage setting is reached on discharge. You have to use USE and set the voltage levels for bulk and float.

Hi the unit is reaching cut off level which is 44V at night and the System shuts-down ( till now its ok ) but at morning at 8:00 Am when the full sun is reaching the 8 pannels, the inverter should start On and start charging ( batteries are 44V) and give AC to loads, the inverter does not load till i turn it off then on . ( after that all is ok)

Hi the unit is reaching cut off level which is 44V at night and the System shuts-down ( till now its ok ) but at morning at 8:00 Am when the full sun is reaching the 8 pannels, the inverter should start On and start charging ( batteries are 44V) and give AC to loads, the inverter does not load till i turn it off then on . ( after that all is ok)
Hello everybody. Same exact problem is happening in different sites we have instaed Growatt SPF 5000ES at. This problem starts to happen several months after installation. I believe it's an internal component issue not a setting (no one changed) or firmware (it was working normally).

HF AIO inverters needs the full inverter running to charge battery from HV DC bus. So bottom-line is battery has to have enough capacity left to supply inverter idle power plus SCC driver overhead power.

The low freq version AIO SCC charges battery directly but still requires battery power to run SCC switching drivers overhead power and inverter microcontroller that controls the SCC operation. This is likely only 5-10 watts for microcontroller and SCC overhead power.

If registering LV cutoff alarm it prevents powering up inverter or SCC. Resetting likely clears the LV cutoff alarm. As long as you don't apply significant load on battery that would trip a new LV cutoff you can likely get PV SCC started.

This assumes when you do this you are generating enough PV power to cover inverter and SCC overhead. If not, battery will drop and create a new LVCO that shuts everything down again.

Hello everybody. Same exact problem is happening in different sites we have instaed Growatt SPF 5000ES at. This problem starts to happen several months after installation. I believe it's an internal component issue not a setting (no one changed) or firmware (it was working normally).
I've just encountered this for 3 days after a couple of weeks of running/auto-starting PV charging. I'm still waiting for a warmer night to see if it's something related to battery BMS shutting off at night during freeze or it's a Growatt internal component failing like @hazim mentioned. Have you guys found issue/solution yet?

My post: Growatt not auto starting after freezing nights

Last edited:
Back