diy solar

diy solar

Growatt Inverter switching off by itself after running for 5 - 15 minutes.

lmuno

I have a Growatt Inverter SPF 5000, but for the past 2 weeks it has been misbehaving. From draining battery from 50 - 10 % in less than 2 hours, most early morning from 4 - 6 am.

Then as from today, the inverter it keeps on shutting down after running for 5 - 15 minutes. And it must start on battery.

Current solar set up:
*Growatt SPF 5000 ES
*2 Growatt lithium Ion battery UN3480 5KW
*6 Jinko panels 545W

Very new to solar, Kindly help.

I have a Growatt Inverter SPF 5000, but for the past 2 weeks it has been misbehaving. From draining battery from 50 - 10 % in less than 2 hours, most early morning from 4 - 6 am.
That sounds like an unexpected load.
Then as from today, the inverter it keeps on shutting down after running for 5 - 15 minutes.
That sounds like a low battery SOC.
And it must start on battery.
It won't start with AC input?
Or plenty of solar?

You need to supply more information than that.

What alarms are being reported by the Growatt when it shuts down?
What's the battery SOC?
What is the load?

My most significant loads are generally in the morning too. The batteries have been draining all night, and there's not much solar production yet. Now we get up and start turning things on. Make a pot of coffee, open the refrigerator door a few times, it adds up quickly.

You need to supply more information than that.

What alarms are being reported by the Growatt when it shuts down?
What's the battery SOC?
What is the load?

My most significant loads are generally in the morning too. The batteries have been draining all night, and there's not much solar production yet. Now we get up and start turning things on. Make a pot of coffee, open the refrigerator door a few times, it adds up quickly.

As for the errors it brings 04 but goes away after a few seconds.

As of the load, no so much average of 5 - 8%

We are totally Off-grid, thus solar is the main source of Power.

Sounds like your batteries are at a low state of charge after nightime and a large load is placed on them early morning. When this happens you get a voltage droop. Once your inverter trips on low voltage disconnect the battery voltage comes back up. However you need to reset the inverter by cycling it off and back on.

You will need to monitor your loading and avoid turning on items that cause excessive voltage droop until your battery and PV can supply needs.

I will assume you have checked voltages along the DC path under some load? One poor connection, bad crimp, loose screw, can cause a significant voltage drop which the inverter will see as an undervoltage alarm and throw a fault.

Back