diy solar

diy solar

Growatt Inverter

Welshman

Is anyone using a different way, other than the growatt website. To monitor their production and usage???

Thanks

Another solar assistant fan here. If its compatible with what your running its a great tool and doesn't require the internet to be working to use it.

Yes, using influxdb and grafana on a raspberry pi to collect and report all the data and an 8-port relay board to control consumers by PV power, timeslots, etc...

precondition is to flash a custom firmware to the shine-f´s to send all the data to a specific IP which in my case is the raspberry pi influx database!

Attachments

• 20230405_184459.JPG
    20230405_184459.JPG
    311.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230602_231422.JPG
    20230602_231422.JPG
    177 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Over a week already, this is what is my Growatt website monitor showed, does anyone have the same problem I have, which does not have any data either old or new, just this stupid screen

Screenshot 2023-06-10 072946.jpg

Yes, using influxdb and grafana on a raspberry pi to collect and report all the data and an 8-port relay board to control consumers by PV power, timeslots, etc...

precondition is to flash a custom firmware to the shine-f´s to send all the data to a specific IP which in my case is the raspberry pi influx database!
I was looking at options that don't involve flashing a custom firmware and it looks like it's possible to use https://github.com/johanmeijer/grott as a proxy which gives data on both a local monitoring setup and the Growatt server. Has anyone tried it?

Are you certain that you set up the Growatt WiFi dongle correctly? Does it have a blinking blue light on it? If it has some other blinking light or a solid blue light then it is not set up properly. And that would mean no data is being sent.

Setting up the WiFi for the Growatt is always a huge pain. 9 times out if 10 it won’t work. Once it works, never reset it or change WiFi settings or you’ll go through the same insanity again.

Growatt SPF inverters​

Troubleshooting - Unreliable connection​

Over the years a massive amount of Growatt SPF inverters have been produced. Some were produced with good quality communication components while others are unable to establish reliable communication. What some users have reported is that communication works but drops out every few days. Unfortunately the Growatt SPF doesn't have any other monitoring port other than the USB port. Most users have reported the best results with shorter shielded USB cables that have ferrite beads.

The above is from Solar Assistant website. Many people, and it seems more often with users with multiple inverters have issue with GW SPF inverters and Solar Assistant. Just an FYI

OOh, that's clever! Can you give me any pointers to this please? Shine WiFi-X devices??
Cheers!

Hello everyon. New to this forum. First post here. I have growatt inverters and have not been able to communicate with my Huawei batteries. Still looking for option and really hope I can find some help here. If anyone have been able to find a way to set up a battery monitor to Huawei batteries please let me know. Thanks.

Hi All!

I own an SPF5000ES with the newest 067 and 068 firmware.
Battery connected via CAN, LIFEPO4.
Everything works fine, except one thing.
I defined SBU, so the utility only as last chance.
Also the battery can be charged only solar option choosen.

The question:
In the evening my battery goes down around 50%.
Solar charges it till 11-12AM fully.
The battery are fully charged and then starts what I don't understand.
Solar has enough power to feed everything, even more as needed.
But the battery is contionusly drained with a little ampere somehow.
Seems to me, that the inverter powers itself from the battery.

This means for the evening when solar is away, the battery already drained to 98-97%.

Is it somehow possible to eliminate this and force growatt inverter not to use the battery at all when solar is available?

Thank you!

Another fan of solar assistant here. I have 4 batteries soon to be 6 plus 4 growatts connected to on solar assistant.
It uses mqtt to talk to home assistant. Full 2 way control. I have rules set in home assistant to change to grid for battery level
I also restrict charging at higher battery states of charge to give balancers a chance.

i am using it with Home assistant , Flashed other firmware on the shinesticks ( these contain a ESP8266 arduino ) and use Home assistant to read the values.
Also got SDM630 Meters between de cables which support consumption measurement and delivering power back to the net.

Hi All!

I own an SPF5000ES with the newest 067 and 068 firmware.
Battery connected via CAN, LIFEPO4.
Everything works fine, except one thing.
I defined SBU, so the utility only as last chance.
Also the battery can be charged only solar option choosen.

The question:
In the evening my battery goes down around 50%.
Solar charges it till 11-12AM fully.
The battery are fully charged and then starts what I don't understand.
Solar has enough power to feed everything, even more as needed.
But the battery is contionusly drained with a little ampere somehow.
Seems to me, that the inverter powers itself from the battery.

This means for the evening when solar is away, the battery already drained to 98-97%.

Is it somehow possible to eliminate this and force growatt inverter not to use the battery at all when solar is available?

Thank you!
Hi
Did you solve this problem? I have a kinda similar problem with a SPF 6000 ES PLUS which I installed this week at a friend's house.
We set it up in SBU mode, so utility only if solar and battery can no longer supply the load.
However, the moment we close the grid breaker, it goes to "AC bypass" mode and starts to feed the house from the utility, even though there is enough solar power and battery is at least half full. It just ignores them and uses the grid. You open the grid breaker again, and all fine, solar and battery feed the loads. You close it again, AC bypass...
As we try to solve this, in the interim we just keep the grid breaker open, so basically there is no grid right now. If battery goes empty at night, my friend manually closes grid breaker so that they are not blacked out.
Any idea?

Back