diy solar

diy solar

Growatt invertor talking to Batrium

tweekzilla

I'm looking into maybe using the new batrium core and MM8. This will be a 16s2p setup with two MM8s. I was wondering if anyone know if the Batrium talks to the Growatt over CANBUS? I don't see it advertised on their website but I know the Growatts are just a brand name - Should I be looking for a different name?

I'm waiting to get the protocols from growatt to see if batrium can get that working.

Let me know how it goes. I did see the RS-422 protocol pdf around (looking for it) so not sure if it uses the same registers as the CANBUS

Might be interesting - Actually nevermind - This is for talking to the battery not the growatt protocol. Still I guess you could use some glue on a RPI to join the two together

I'm looking into maybe using the new batrium core and MM8. This will be a 16s2p setup with two MM8s. I was wondering if anyone know if the Batrium talks to the Growatt over CANBUS? I don't see it advertised on their website but I know the Growatts are just a brand name - Should I be looking for a different name?
MM8 cannot be used on 16s. https://support.batrium.com/article/354-options

Yeah has Batrium been working on that or any results back??
I have not had time to work on this with all the other issues that have occured. Once I can get everything back online I plan to pursue this.

any updates so far 6 months later ?
I'm still waiting to get everything resolved, my watchmon core was defective on arrival. It got lost for 4 months in the mail. I sent it back to AU about two weeks ago and it arrived safely. I'm hoping to get everything fully working and then do the zoom meeting.

I'm still waiting to get everything resolved, my watchmon core was defective on arrival. It got lost for 4 months in the mail. I sent it back to AU about two weeks ago and it arrived safely. I'm hoping to get everything fully working and then do the zoom meeting.
Thanks for the update - Australia must be outer space considering 4 months in the mail, lot worster than china even in the bad days of the early 2010 where it usually seems to got lost till it appeared out of nowhere.

Good luck !

Thanks for the update - Australia must be outer space considering 4 months in the mail, lot worster than china even in the bad days of the early 2010 where it usually seems to got lost till it appeared out of nowhere.

Good luck !
I sent them and email just to see if they had an update on the watchmon core, but its only been there for a few days.
It was suprisingly not to expensive to ship to the AU. It was constantly stuck in an error stated, we tried flashing, full resets etc.

Attachments

• screenshot_956.jpg
    screenshot_956.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 1
Hello,
Some info from Batrium. I am very interested too.
I have Growatt SPH6000 installation with Nissan Leaf cells 14S 48v and Batrium BMS. Can't find a solution to getting CANBUS work.
cheers
Ivan

Hello,
Some info from Batrium. I am very interested too.
I have Growatt SPH6000 installation with Nissan Leaf cells 14S 48v and Batrium BMS. Can't find a solution to getting CANBUS work.
cheers
Ivan
I have not decided yet to continue with this, the support was so rude with no feedback. They tried not to honor the warranty on a DOA product, then did not even tell me it was only a partial warranty. This required me to pay shipping four times as they are unable to communicate outcomes to the customer. After losing the warranty return and waiting for months on end I still do not have a fully working core.

Back