diy solar

diy solar

Growatt N-G confusion

Am I allowed to have two grounds in the same hole on a ground bus bar? Thought about adding a second bus bar and running a 6awg wire to connect them but wasn't sure which way to go

Am I allowed to have two grounds in the same hole on a ground bus bar? Thought about adding a second bus bar and running a 6awg wire to connect them but wasn't sure which way to go
It depends on if the bar is rated for multiple conductors per connection, as far as the NEC goes.
But it won't hurt anything if that's what you are asking.

Okay, I only need two spots to be shared with grounds, I'm not sure what my bus is rated for, can buy a second bar if needed

I had an electrician come over today for an estimate on a while house transfer switch and he wanted to look at my solar install since he hasn't seen much of it yet, he asked about my grounding and I told him tthat when no AC input I have the ground going to my water mainand when using AC in to charge batteries i am connected to the house ground, he questioned having the water main ground and AC input ground at the same time and said that two grounds aren't isually used but he wasnt sure how solar inverters worked with the grounds

Two grounds at the same time is not a good thing.
But for now, you'll only be using one or the other.
Right?

That's my plan, he saw the ground wire fr9m my panel to water main and also the 3 prong cords coming from the inverter AC input amd questioned it, he was a bit confused since houses normally have two grounds (earth and water main) but wasn't sure how solar inverters worked, after he started ralking about it he made me question things

I showed him my chicken scratch instructions and he was still a bit lost, did I write the instructions correctly?

Attachments

• 16749609701923787625453566533083.jpg
    16749609701923787625453566533083.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 6
I thought so, was doing some read8ng that these new growatts have the NG bond done with a relay internally but can't seem to get confirmation on that and my testing shows its not true, guess the neutral bond is my only option at this point

I thought so, was doing some read8ng that these new growatts have the NG bond done with a relay internally but can't seem to get confirmation on that and my testing shows its not true, guess the neutral bond is my only option at this point
They always have, kinda sorta. lol

Are you familiar with the bluesea 6006 battery switch? It says it's rated for 48 volts. Lithium is up to 58 volts, I contacted bluesea and I was told that I should not use it with lithium due to the higher voltage, they said they are working on a higher voltage switch but I already own several of them now, I see lots of people using and recommending these switches but seems a bit risky, do you think a 48 volt switch that is good for 300 amps would be safe to use for 58 volts?

Back