diy solar

diy solar

Growatt N-G confusion

Sounds good, i just want charging purposes and possibly small load pass through for freezer , fridge, internet stuff, thanks again, priced out some 8awg thhn and holy hell, it went up a lot since my last purchase

Sucks, would it be a problem if I went with the double poll 40 even though it's pulling from a double poll 30 in the mail house panel? Thinking of when I do future upgrades amd not needing to purchase a larger breaker later on, I'm guessing it's not a hazard or anything but I'm sure there is a code saying I can't do it

A breakers job is to protect the wire.
There's no requirement for enough power ahead of it.

Oh, I would have guessed that the main breaker would need to be larger then any breaker down stream but then I guess that wouldn't necessarily make sense since a 100 amp service has more then 100 amps worth or breakers pulling from it

I need more space for grounds, is it code to install a ground bus on the surface (not in a box)? I am trying to install some surge protectors and the bus in my box is full

I have two growatt 3000tl lvelm-es inverters ran in split phase, both internal N-G bond screws have been removed, I did the bonding in the panel. When both inverters have AC input to use the inverters as battery chargers I get 2.3 amps on the ground at the box, if i take the bonding screw out of the box I get an open ground on my tester. With the N-G bond taken out of the box amd I supply AC in power I then show a N-G which I would guess is because my main house panel is now supplying the ground reference and the growatt is passing it through the inverters. When I have zero wires connected to the growatts I show no N-G bond but when I connect all of the wires, cables etc. I get a N-G bond on the AC in and AC out even when I am not supplying AC power to the AC in. I have tried running them Separate through the panel as single phase and I get zero amps on the ground but as soon as I supply AC in I again show 2.5 amps on the ground, if I only supply AC to one of the inverters I show zero amps on the ground (guessing two inverters on separate phases are supplying a ground to each inverter which os causing the ground to carry current)

I really hope my rambling makes sense, typing as I remember things, any help would be great since signature solar seems to not habe any idea what's going on.
I have the growatt 3000 48p model and when I remove the bonding screw it does nothing to the GN bond. Maybe I got a defective unit but just something to watch out for. Have you confirmed that removing the screw removes the ground neutral bond?

I have the growatt 3000 48p model and when I remove the bonding screw it does nothing to the GN bond. Maybe I got a defective unit but just something to watch out for. Have you confirmed that removing the screw removes the ground neutral bond?

There are multiple screws, are you sure you removed the correct one?

Attachments

• IMG_1610 (1).JPG
    IMG_1610 (1).JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 7
Back