diy solar

diy solar

Growatt N-G confusion

I have read through the spec sheet that signature solar has posted under this breaker and I don't see anything that says DC, lots of info I don't understand so I guess it could be listed somewhere.

So I just did some reading, seems that ppolarized breakers are only safe in one direction, if using an all in one inverter like growatt then this breaker should not be used because When charging the breaker will not extinguish a spark/flame. Now not am I more confused but also frustrated that I can't seem to find a good breaker for my AC in

So I just did some reading, seems that ppolarized breakers are only safe in one direction, if using an all in one inverter like growatt then this breaker should not be used because When charging the breaker will not extinguish a spark/flame. Now not am I more confused but also frustrated that I can't seem to find a good breaker for my AC in
Charging amps are far lower than fault amps available from the battery. And that isn't a polarized breaker.

Line and load identified is directional.
Positive and negative identified is polarized.

So this nader breaker should be safe to use? I have a midnight solar breaker for my solar in, guessing it is polarized

Attachments

• 16735792686736094095027591969389.jpg
    16735792686736094095027591969389.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 7
Okay, I will wire it in, I really appreciate all of your help, your good at getting confused people straightened out, thought I knew basic electrical but then I started into DC stuff and it's a nutty world

I cant mount the breakers properly and keep my positive and negative cables the same length, unfortunately I can't mount the breakers horizontal so probably need to go with fuses like my original plan was, I liked the option of multiple trips but looking like a 110 amp gopower class T os my only option if I want to keep my wires the same, so frustrating and irritated right now

If I go with class T fuses would I go with 110 amp? Go power has the best prices but the literature says to use a 200 amp for inverters ranging from 3000-5000 at 48 volts, I'm thinking the 100 amp class T is more then enough. Am I missing something on the 200 amp that go power says?

I cant mount the breakers properly and keep my positive and negative cables the same length, unfortunately I can't mount the breakers horizontal so probably need to go with fuses like my original plan was, I liked the option of multiple trips but looking like a 110 amp gopower class T os my only option if I want to keep my wires the same, so frustrating and irritated right now
Positive and negative cables don't need to be the same length. Same length only matters with parallel cables.

I thought the battery cables needed to be the same length when you use 2 inverters , something about current sharing, I will read the annual again but it says something about keeping all battery cables the same length

Back