diy solar

diy solar

Growatt online server monitoring. Password issues.

vincei

I don't know where to begin other than to express my frustration at how bad this software is.

After going through many hoops to get the Growatt Wifi Dongle to work, I went to their online server, you know, the one that is called out in their server setup in the app, and lo and behold the first thing it does is, redirect you to the US site when you first try to login.

1599476753399.png

The best part is that once it redirects you to the US site the US site patently refuses to accept the credentials I entered on the Chinese site.

It gets better.

I think h'mm maybe it doesn't have my credentials over there so I try to recreate my account using the same email address. Nope, my email address already exists on there so screw you, Vince, you're not going to have it so easy.

I think, aha, let me try resetting my password!!!

1599476963852.png

Nope you're not going to reset your passwrod on this site, sucker. Why can't it send a flippin email? I tried logging in with my Datalogger credentials and that didn't work either, the same idiotic "E-mail Failed To Send" error. It has been like this for days.1599476753399.png1599476963852.png

I go back to the Chinese site and I can reset my password until the cows come home, however, when I try to use the inverter monitoring application it redirects me to this 100% non functional US site with no option to override that or reset my password in anyway.

There are no contact details that I can find or any way to report that this site is 100% broken so it seems I just tossed $85 on a fire.

Has anyone found a workaround for this stupidity or have contact details where I can get an actual human to fix my account?

Thanks,
Vince

The only small saving grace is the app on my disposable burner phone that is setup with this thing on a locked down guest network does seem to work but like the online app I cannot change any inverter parameters because it says my password is invalid too with no way to reset it.

Guest Network: I don't trust anyone with their half baked IOT software on my actual network behind my firewall. Especially a company that still uses an unsecured http server when everyone and their donkey has switched over to https. Everything about this setup is just janky.

Last edited:
Did you try deleting your plant on the app and starting from scratch? New plant, new username and password? I'm able to use the online software without any problems, but I do agree these things are a pain in the butt and difficult to deal with.

Also, the password for the settings on the app is different from your log in.
Its.... (growatt(Todays date) Example - (growatt20201005) If the current date doesn't work then use the next date because I think it goes by the actual date in China.

Also, you can log in to the dongle directly via it's web address to set it up. It was the only way it was able to work for me...
So you quick-click the button on the dongle with a paper clip and it will turn solid blue, then log into the dongles wifi signal (should be the serial #), once on it's network type in 192.168.10.100 on your web browser, User name and password I believe is (admin/12345678) should be on the instructions. Once on the settings page, look up your network and type in your password, make sure you use 2.5GHZ. After that It should ask you to reboot immediately, then you should be all set afterwards. The dongle will be slow flashing blue when it's in communications with the growatt servers.

I myself rather not go thru their servers, but I have no choice since the PC Keeper software is broken and it's the only way to keep track of the SCC to make sure it's working properly when not in front of it.

Good Luck!

Also, you can log in to the dongle directly via it's web address to set it up. It was the only way it was able to work for me...
So you quick-click the button on the dongle with a paper clip and it will turn solid blue, then log into the dongles wifi signal (should be the serial #), once on it's network type in 192.168.10.100 on your web browser, User name and password I believe is (admin/12345678) should be on the instructions. Once on the settings page, look up your network and type in your password, make sure you use 2.5GHZ. After that It should ask you to reboot immediately, then you should be all set afterwards. The dongle will be slow flashing blue when it's in communications with the growatt servers.
I know I'm late to the party but I too am currently having issues with the dongle. I wish what you suggest above worked but, for me, it's no dice. I cannot see in your instructions what you've done that may be different from what I'm doing so if you have any further tips, they'd be welcomed because currently, doing what you've written does not work for me.

Do everything he said but also when you are in the screen after admin/12345678 go to advanced, change server to server-us.growatt.com.
Yeah ... been there done that a while ago ... still a no-go for me at this stage.

Thank you CompuMan2020 for your tip... Example - (growatt20201005)
That was what I needed! I had found a manual that said use "inverterYYYYMMDD" but that was INCORRECT. Your version worked for me.

Back