diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SC4880 from signature solar 150 or 250voc?

TURMIRE

Just curious if anyone here might be familiar with the Growatt SC4880 from signature solar. The features on the website and the spec sheet on the website shows 250voc but the technical description of the manual on the website says 150voc. I contacted tech support and they were not sure.

150 vdc Voc max.

Actual Vmp limits can be much less depending on battery system voltage.

Not sure why the manual wasn't changed to reflect the listing, but I confirmed that the Growatt SC4880 currently available is the MPV version which is 250VDC maximum.
I'll see what I can do about getting that fixed.

Not sure why the manual wasn't changed to reflect the listing, but I confirmed that the Growatt SC4880 currently available is the MPV version which is 250VDC maximum.
I'll see what I can do about getting that fixed.
Thank you for the clarification, that’s what I needed to know.

Just curious if anyone here might be familiar with the Growatt SC4880 from signature solar. The features on the website and the spec sheet on the website shows 250voc but the technical description of the manual on the website says 150voc. I contacted tech support and they were not sure.
Depends on when you purchased it - originally they were 150voc, and later changed to 250voc. Please check the side of the unit and it should tell you what you have.

Depends on when you purchased it - originally they were 150voc, and later changed to 250voc. Please check the side of the unit and it should tell you what you have.
I ordered it from signature solar today. I was trying to figure it out before I ordered so that I wouldn’t have to return it.

Can you also use this external SCC in parallel with the Growatt 12k watt 120v/240v AC split phase inverter with the built-in 250v/100a SCC?

The reason is to exceed the 7k watt PV input limit on the built-in SCC. This SCC seems to have the exact same specs as the built-in SCC on the Growatt inverter.

Can you also use this external SCC in parallel with the Growatt 12k watt 120v/240v AC split phase inverter with the built-in 250v/100a SCC?

The reason is to exceed the 7k watt PV input limit on the built-in SCC. This SCC seems to have the exact same specs as the built-in SCC on the Growatt inverter.
You can connect separate solar arrays to each and connect both to the same battery. Just make sure that you don't go over the battery max charging rate.

You can connect separate solar arrays to each and connect both to the same battery. Just make sure that you don't go over the battery max charging rate.
Good point. The max charge rate on a single EG4 Lifepower 48v is 120A, iirc. So If I had 4 ea batteries, does that mean I am still limited to 120A or 480A?

Good point. The max charge rate on a single EG4 Lifepower 48v is 120A, iirc. So If I had 4 ea batteries, does that mean I am still limited to 120A or 480A?
It would be x 4. But, i think that 50a max is recommended for these batteries. That would be a total of 200.

I have the same battery. And BMS communication sets the charge rate at 50a each.

I have the EG4 Lifepower4 batteries and the Growatt SC4880 SCC and am trying to find out if they can be connected so the SCC can communicate to the battery BMSs.

Is this possible? I can't seem to figure it out from the Growatt information.

I have the EG4 Lifepower4 batteries and the Growatt SC4880 SCC and am trying to find out if they can be connected so the SCC can communicate to the battery BMSs.

Is this possible? I can't seem to figure it out from the Growatt information.
I don’t think the older model SC4880 can communicate with the battery. The newer model SC4880-MPV has a communication port on the side of the unit. It can be configured to communicate with either the eg4 battery or the Growatt inverter. It comes with a document/small booklet containing the directions and setting parameters for communication over rs485 or can. I know the manual on signature solars website for the MPV version is not correct and doesn’t match the booklet provided with mine. I’ll scan the booklet in and post it here when I get home later today.

Back