diy solar

diy solar

Growatt servers not showing data? This fixed it for me.

SiliconOrb

This was driving me bonkers. The android app worked just fine, but I could not get the web interface to show any data for my installation, even though it showed a connected Shine device. Everything just came up as zeros, and the interface didn't look like any of the screen grabs I saw posted by others.

What fixed it for me was to change the "Plant Type" from "Ground Mounted Plants" to "Residential Plant". I found this only by accident while trying to figure this out, when I added a dummy plant to the account with different settings. The former seems to direct to a non-functional and older web interface on the US server.

I'm posting this in hopes that it saves someone else from the same frustrating experience I had.

I just installed a Growatt inverter + WiFi dongle, and I could not get the app (iPhone) to configure the dongle. It would say configuring while a percentage number counted from 1 to 100 and then reported failed. But, I could see from my router that the device had successfully learned my WiFi password and was on the Internet.

When I tried to create an account online, I was directed to server-us.growatt.com. OK. I made an account there.

I wondered why the dongle was on the internet, but never showed up on the dashboard on the web. Hmm. In trying to get things to work, I'd already come across pressing the dongle's key button once to put it in wifi mode, attaching to its WiFi network and going to http://192.168.10.100 to get a config page (login admin, pw 12345678). The config looked fine. But... It was sending data to server.growatt.com While hunting for a fix, I'd seen people report the us and chinese servers are totally disconnected.

So, I changed the server setting on the dongle's config web page to server-us-growatt.com, saved it, restarted it, and bingo, it showed up on the GroWatt Monitoring web page.

TL;DR - The wifi dongle is preconfigured to send data to the chinese growatt server, but users are directed to create their accounts on a server for US customers. The WiFi dongle needs to be reconfigured.

I am trying my Shine WiFi-F dongle with my Growatt 3000W unit today, but no luck getting the data logger to configure. I can register my account on the iOS app, put in all my other info, but after entering my network SSID and password, it goes through the config routine and ends with “Configuration failed”. Crazy thing is that the dongle is displaying a flashing blue light, which supposedly says everything is working. Help!

I had the exact same problem as MBshoe!

I fixed my issue following his steps, except used "server-us.growatt.com" for the server domain. Notice the dot in between US and Growatt.
I only figured that out by looking at the web address bar while I was signed into the Growatt server.

Hopes this helps, and thanks MB for leading me down the right path!

Ah, thanks for the quick response, but I don’t understand where you are changing the server domain. I have an account with Growatt (server-us.Growatt.com), and I can see my plant there. I can even see a device called “Inverter” there. My dongle is actually flashing blue, but when I try to configure the data logger in the app, it fails. Also, my dongle has no button to press to put it in configure mode, just a very small hole where the led lights appear. It’s labeled as Growatt Wifi-F.

Mbshoe said he “changed the server on the dongle’s configuration web page”. How does one get to there? I’ve tried the 192.168.10.100 address to access the configuration page, but the browser doesn’t find it. Does one need to use a PC and connect directly to the inverter? I spent all day on this and am more confused than ever.

Good news, watts.247 sent me instructions from their website. I’ll try them tomorrow, fingers crossed.

For all that is holy, I had a heck of a time simply connecting to my dongle. Everything I read, even info from 24/7 didn't work. Seems the process has changed a bit. Once you reset the dongle, it will go from solid red/white color to red (might have been blinking, can't remember). After, press the "key" button again twice. You then get a steady blue light, only then was I able to connect to the dongle via wifi AP.

Incidentally, correct US server seems to already be in place. Once I selected my wifi from the drop down and restarted, it hooked right up.

this totally worked for me!!! I put the dongle in AP mode (holding key button) until it was red/green, then connected via the AP and password 12345678, and set the server name to server-us.growatt.com, *then* configuring the wifi tab with the password, restart and boom the key light blinks blue and i start seeing data in the shinephone app. the app seems to be pointed at the correct US server out of the box. also going to us-server.growatt.com for the web login gives me the correct data. I cannot get the shinephone app to configure the dongle wifi at all, but I was able to create an account and scan the barcode. now I have working data! thanks for the tip on the server.

Hi All, I have similar problem but without success of fixing it. The dongle is working fine and is visible in the data logger list on the web interface, but it is not sending data, everything is full of zeroes. Any help?

Hi All, I have similar problem but without success of fixing it. The dongle is working fine and is visible in the data logger list on the web interface, but it is not sending data, everything is full of zeroes. Any help?
I have exactly the same problem, plant shows online but no data from the inverter?

I contacted a senior person in sales today via linked in and he replied like it was some sort of Joke. All I want is to see what’s going on with my system. Can anyone out there help please

I contacted a senior person in sales today via linked in and he replied like it was some sort of Joke. All I want is to see what’s going on with my system. Can anyone out there help please
I sent an email to growatt support five days ago and still without response.

I have the dongle correctly connected, it shows on the app as "connected" but no data comes through, or any info about the inverter (SPF6K) which is running normally. I tried several configurations for the plant but none works. Any ideas what can causes this. The server is pointed to growatt-us, as it should here in the US.

Have the same issues. Did everything suggested. Changed the server to: server-us.Growatt.com I even updated the dongle firmware successfully. Dongle shows online.

I can see it from the website but does not update any data.

Attachments

• A518B184-EA31-4427-B74C-9E0720353DDB.jpeg
    A518B184-EA31-4427-B74C-9E0720353DDB.jpeg
    236.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 02EA50CD-B04A-4195-950E-596BD9D0D495.jpeg
    02EA50CD-B04A-4195-950E-596BD9D0D495.jpeg
    303.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 3F36DE7A-DE69-484B-9701-95BE3886F9AD.jpeg
    3F36DE7A-DE69-484B-9701-95BE3886F9AD.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 36
Have the same issues. Did everything suggested. Changed the server to: server-us.Growatt.com I even updated the dongle firmware successfully. Dongle shows online.

I can see it from the website but does not update any data.
Any luck with this? Currently experiencing the same issue.

Back