diy solar

diy solar

Growatt settings

Booboo

Growatt 24v 3000w. I have 8s2p 202ah batteires. Can I get some help with a few settings on the growatt.

#2 max charging - 60a. Can this go higher for the batteries I have?
#3 input voltage - GEN. Will occasionally plug into a 120 shore power and occasionally a generator.
#11 Max utility charge - 30a. Can this go higher?
#12 Batt low voltage - 23 - see #21 shouldn't they match???
#13 Batt back on voltage - 27, can this go lower.
#19 Bulk - 28.2
#20 Float - 27.2
#21 Low volatge - 22
#24 - ground neutral relay - enabled. Shoudl I turn this off for my travel trailer system?

Hi

Here is what we use. We have 4 units setup in split phase 2 on each phase

#2 max charging - 80a - make sure your battery's can handle it.
#3 input voltage - APL
#11 Max utility charge - 45a. - make sure you use proper breaker size
#12 Batt low voltage - 24
#13 Batt back on voltage - 25.5
#19 Bulk - 29.2 - recommended from battery spec sheet
#20 Float - 29.2 - recommended from battery spec sheet but I have been playing with this and currently have it on 27
#21 Low voltage - 23.5
#24 - we used default setting for our application

Growatt 24v 3000w. I have 8s2p 202ah batteires. Can I get some help with a few settings on the growatt.

#2 max charging - 60a. Can this go higher for the batteries I have?
#3 input voltage - GEN. Will occasionally plug into a 120 shore power and occasionally a generator.
#11 Max utility charge - 30a. Can this go higher?
#12 Batt low voltage - 23 - see #21 shouldn't they match???
#13 Batt back on voltage - 27, can this go lower.
#19 Bulk - 28.2
#20 Float - 27.2
#21 Low volatge - 22
#24 - ground neutral relay - enabled. Shoudl I turn this off for my travel trailer system?
How do you like it? How much solar do you have feeding it?
I'm looking at the same one in a similar configuration as you have.

So far it is working as expected. Currently we have about 7 kw feeding 3 of the inverters. I have another 10 kw of panels setting on the ground ready to add when the weather cools down outside. I will be adding these to the remaining inverter and 2 growatt 120 amp charge controllers.

I think we will be pretty close to providing most of our needs when we are done, but we may need to add some more battery capacity.

So far it is working as expected. Currently we have about 7 kw feeding 3 of the inverters. I have another 10 kw of panels setting on the ground ready to add when the weather cools down outside. I will be adding these to the remaining inverter and 2 growatt 120 amp charge controllers.

I think we will be pretty close to providing most of our needs when we are done, but we may need to add some more battery capacity.
That's awesome, looks as though your system grow a bit I just plan to have one inverter into a bank of 564 or whatever is available to parallel at the time when I go to buy them.
You have found the hybrid inverter this one in particular is user-friendly? I really would like to just have a set it and forget it type where I build it plug it in set it to charge by solar primarily and then not look at it or touch it unless the power goes out and I need it.

That's awesome, looks as though your system grow a bit I just plan to have one inverter into a bank of 564 or whatever is available to parallel at the time when I go to buy them.
You have found the hybrid inverter this one in particular is user-friendly? I really would like to just have a set it and forget it type where I build it plug it in set it to charge by solar primarily and then not look at it or touch it unless the power goes out and I need it.
So far they have worked as advertised. When the battery's get low it will switch to grid and charge the battery's and then switch back. You will never know its happening. It's very helpful in the beginning to use the Growatt website to monitor with but you really don't need to.

Seems to work real well. Mine is in a RV and I only have 1kw of solar and 404ah of battery. It will run eveything in my RV at the same time, including the A/C. Haven't taken it on a trip yet so I havent actually tested it in a real time situation but I would be surprised if I have problems.

Seems to work real well. Mine is in a RV and I only have 1kw of solar and 404ah of battery. It will run eveything in my RV at the same time, including the A/C. Haven't taken it on a trip yet so I havent actually tested it in a real time situation but I would be surprised if I have problems.
Okay great thanks forgot you were the op, new to the site.
That's awesome good to hear I plan to make basically the exact same thing either with a 564 or whatever I can get at the time.

I forgot to ask, how much solar do you have feeding it? I was thinking of 6 250 watt panels in a 2s3p or 3s2p either one.

Back