diy solar

diy solar

Growatt / SGP 12k inverter connection

automatikdonn

Becoming Offgrid
I have gotten my system to the point where I am ready to connect the output to the rest of my complex setup.

I have a question for everyone with these units. How do you physically connect the output with these terminal blocks?

I have MC 6/3 wire run to the inverter.

I can't see a way to meet code using them. Kinda a dumb design idea to begin with.

Curious what everyone else is doing.

Thanks for any help.

I have AIMs 12,000w and SGP 12,000w - both claim ETL/UL certs.
For the 240v/120v output, the AIMs has a 'conduit box' but the SGP doesn't.
Here's a pic of how I ran conduit from both of these to their respective distribution panels for 240v/120v ac.
1685377687116.png
For battery, used 2/0 flex welding wire. In my original inspection w/electrician he just threw up his hands as far as Battery -> Inverter wiring/conduit and punted to the City Inspector... who didn't mention it and approved the install.

Will be interested to follow this thread to see how it works out for your situation.

Last edited:
I have asked around and all of the electricians have said just do what you can to protect the wires from damage. Both physical and UV light exposure are of particular concern.

One answer I got was to heat shrink and 3M 33 tape the wires.

Here is what I ended up with. I also replaced the single pole breakers with a double pole. Stupid design to begin with. If one trips, well your 240v appliances will get 120v.PXL_20230603_164730880.jpgPXL_20230603_164725996.jpg

Looks like a vertical install... how did you get that thing up on the wall?!? They're veeeery heavy at ~175lbs.

Mine is horizontal / wiggled-slid it into place as it's 'just me'. Haven't had any issues running horizontally.

Looks like a vertical install... how did you get that thing up on the wall?!? They're veeeery heavy at ~175lbs.

Mine is horizontal / wiggled-slid it into place as it's 'just me'. Haven't had any issues running horizontally.
I used a rope and forks on my mini tractor. I have to put up another one, so I will maybe do a video on it.

Back