diy solar

diy solar

GroWatt ShineS Wifi Issue

IanS

Hi all, PV system fitted last week with a Growatt ShineS data-logger fitted to my Growatt SPA3000TL BL inverter. Everything's running fine on the power side, but I'm having real issues with the data-logger network connection. It disconnects repeatedly many times every day and l can only reconnect it using the reset button on the device.

On my Growatt Server Dashboard in 'My Photovoltaic Devices' section, hovering on the info tag next to the data-logger serial number shows the signal strength of my device is poor(-94) (DB I presume). However my wifi router is only 6ft from the inverter and when I put my laptop next to the data-logger it shows an excellent -45DB WiFi signal. This discrepancy between the readings suggests that my data-logger may have some internal fault that is attenuating the signal, which would explain why it is disconnecting, but I have no benchmark to measure my device against.

Is there anyone out there with a Growatt ShineS data-logger who could look at their dashboard and post what signal strength is showing for their device and whether they have connection issues so I know what a normal signal would be for a data-logger? At least I'll then know if a I have a bad device.
Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Hi all, PV system fitted last week with a Growatt ShineS data-logger fitted to my Growatt SPA3000TL BL inverter. Everything's running fine on the power side, but I'm having real issues with the data-logger network connection. It disconnects repeatedly many times every day and l can only reconnect it using the reset button on the device.

On my Growatt Server Dashboard in 'My Photovoltaic Devices' section, hovering on the info tag next to the data-logger serial number shows the signal strength of my device is poor(-94) (DB I presume). However my wifi router is only 6ft from the inverter and when I put my laptop next to the data-logger it shows an excellent -45DB WiFi signal. This discrepancy between the readings suggests that my data-logger may have some internal fault that is attenuating the signal, which would explain why it is disconnecting, but I have no benchmark to measure my device against.

Is there anyone out there with a Growatt ShineS data-logger who could look at their dashboard and post what signal strength is showing for their device and whether they have connection issues so I know what a normal signal would be for a data-logger? At least I'll then know if a I have a bad device.
Thanks in advance for any help with this.
My Growatt is not on right now but, it sits approx. 15 feet from the router downstairs and it always shows a strong signal all the signal icon lines are full. I don't know how is your system setup but I don't have anything closer to the Growatt than 9 inches. No cables crossing or drape over anything. Hope that gives you and idea of the signal strength.

Back