diy solar

diy solar

Growatt ShineStick Connectivity Issues

NHRenewables

First, let me say, the product setup documentation is aweful for this product. This can’t hold a candle to Enphase monitoring with even 5 year old gateways. Overall, it seems that monitoring is an afterthought for Growatt, strangely for a good inverter with an affordable price point.
After some frustration, the stick was setup and connected to the US Growatt server. The strange behavior I found was that the stick would stop sending data to the web server and the IOS app. The device would remain on the local lan with the proper flashing blue light and responding to icmp ping requests. This could happen minutes, hours or days between power-cycling the stick by unplugging and plugging back into the router, all the while missing more trend data from the plant.
So, anyone else have these kind of issues staying connected to the US Growatt server and not having your plant showing up as offline?

Received my dongle last week. Setup seemed straighforward and in no time was getting logging and real time data. Fast forward to today. Woke this morning to a frozen data logger. Growatt program says the logger is OFFLINE. Have deleted and reinstalled numerous times to no avail. Growatt support is slightly better than useless. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Save your sanity and throw the dongle out. Best thing I ever did.
You might be right. I did reset the PVtype from Ground to Home and it began to work. I was using ShinePhone with a lot of luck. Then I think they pushed out a new version and it all quit working, hence why I am looking for another means to monitor.

Not sure if this relates to the US or outside the EU, but here in the UK you need an installer code to register the data stick with a registered installer via the commissioning app, there are generic / stolen installer codes floating around the net that I have seen DIY people use on the SPH inverters, this has resulted in their data stick being flagged and disconnected from the server. As registered UK Growatt installer myself I have a legit code and twice now have re commissioned inverters for customers using my code and this had fixed the issue. Also note: the installer code dictates which server /country you ultimately end up connecting to.

Remember it’s important your Wi-Fi network is 2.4Ghz and SSID contains no special characters such as spaces or periods. My dongle failed to configure until I met these criteria.

Back