diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SHP3000 metering not working Eastron SDM630 (Solved, solution inside)

philos

Hello all,

I have a strange problem, probably a newbie error, but cant seem to find what I did wrong.

This weekend I have connected my Growatt SPH3000 and also a battery (LFP 48v 16x eve230Ah With JBD BMS)
To control it I have chosen Lead-Acid in the menu and adjusted the Charge Current, Charge Voltage and Under Votage values. The battery itself has a JBD BMS. (I believe Lithium option in the menu is only for Growatt own batteries)
Now my problem, I have an Eastron SDM630-Modbus MID V2, 3 Phase kWh meter with Modbus, I connected it according to their own video:
The Meter is metering my 3 phases and the SPH is delivering on one phase.
The SPH3000 also sees the meter and measures the consumption. Somehow, the inverter does not want to compensate the consumption from the grid with the battery, it only wants to supply 3kW at full power. The strange thing is that it seems that it sees its own feed-in capacity as consumption (that is an assumption), but it now shows for example that the consumption of the house is a little over 3kW, but the consumption from the grid is 280 watts.
On the Easton meter, I can clearly see that the 2nd phase (where the inverter is connected) is putting out 2.8kW to the grid....
Help..... Please....Have put in a work today, I would like it to just do what I want, so it is frustrating to see it doesnt work as expected...

After playing another day with it it seems to only want to do Battery first and Grid first. Load first is not working.
When the SPH is in load first it exports battery power at the maximum 3kW untill the battry is empty.
On the growatt server page it shows the load, the power from the grid and solar untill the battery is used, it will count the battery output as consumption....

All answers, even stupid ones are welcome, I am so frustrated.... Any ideas? Anyone?

Turns out that not all EASTRON SDM630 Modbus V2 are equal.
Standard meter outputs data over Modbus on adress 001, Growatt uses Adress 002
So long press the lowest button, pincode is 1000 long press again, use the up ad down buttons till you find adress, long press the lowest button again, use the buttons to change the number to 002 long press again to save. Now the standard SDM630 can talk to Growatt.
Hope this helps someone in the future. So many questions here without resolution...

Hi Philos, others,

Due to the big problem to get a 3phase smart meter at Growatt, I bought an Eastron SDM630-modbus V2 somewhere else (not at Growatt), will this one work just like the one that is sold by Growatt? Can it also be added in their monitoring system?

Yes, as long if you check and or change the address to 002 it should work, its the same I've done and it works perfectly for months.

Back