diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SOC calculation settings -Shineserver

apctjb

Solar Enthusiast
Growatts monitoring platform (Shine Server) displays battery SOC which for my system always displays 100% even thought battery voltage is typically going from a low of 52 up to 55.5V. (my battery is 2P16S 280AH LiFePO4 cells).

Does anyone know how Growatt calculates SOC and where you input system data which would be used for determining SOC? My inverters (2 x 3000 LVM) are set to USE with 56V bulk and 54V Float, but there is no setting that tells the inverter the total AH or kWhr capacity, and I have not found where on the Shine Server monitoring platform where to input battery information.

Anyone know???

1621781507797.png
1621782494316.png

I’m wondering the same thing.

I have two Nissan Leaf battery modules in 48v parallel configuration.

Growatt is configured to charge to 57.4v for both float and bulk charge using USE2 settings.

Everything is working great however my SOC never reaches 100% I’m stuck at 75%

Thank You.

On the webserver dashboard, there is an Info button. If you hover your mouse on it will display the calculations used in the dashboard. BatteryPercent = Capacity. My guess (with little information) is that if your Inverter is not connected to your BMS through the BMS/RS485 port Capacity is likely hardcoded to 100%. Not sure how to explain the 75% from the poster above so I probably have an incomplete picture of the answer to your request. Hopefully, the graphic below will help generate more information from the community.

1623261816242.png

Without the BMS connection, it might be a formula like (PV1 Power + PV2 Power + Grid Power)/Battery Power

Last edited:
Experiencing a similar issue on my Growatt. (smart BMS Showing correct SOC)

Attachments

• SOC.jpeg
    SOC.jpeg
    39.2 KB · Views: 23
Same here. Growatt SOC is always showing 100% but GYLL batteries are showing between 75%-100% depending on time of day. Unit is not connected to battery BMS as my batteries are the older model and not compatible with the Growatt RS485

I found the problem in the manual, the growatt is configured for lithium ion cell voltages so even when at 2.5v, or lifepo4 cells read full charge.

Hello,

So, is there a solution for this? Can it be edited to change the SOC graph?

Thanks!

Just came off video call with Rosen battery co. And they fixed the bms communication between batteries with Seplos bms and inverter communication to show correct SOC.

Here is SOC showing correct at 49-50%. It’s 6 am so no sun up yet

Attachments

• 42BBF197-B29D-464E-9672-3A41CBF9009A.png
    42BBF197-B29D-464E-9672-3A41CBF9009A.png
    584.3 KB · Views: 38
Here is SOC showing correct at 49-50%. It’s 6 am so no sun up yet
It is a different cable config for bms port on growatt to battery bms/canbus port. Below is cable config. I know it is said to be a cross cable but this works with no error 20 when now selecting setting 5 -> LI -> 51 -> L01

Blue and white /blue /green and white /orange and white /orange /green /brown /brown and white

Orange / orange and white / green and white / blue / blue and white / green / brown / brown and white

------------------------------------
BMS communication cable A, need one pcs .

Hello all,
I'm facing something similar with my 2 x Growatt OFF-GRID SPF5000ES inverters.
The battery I have is a lithium 48V (14 cells) - without BMS.

My problem: The inverter only charges to 57V and then it lets the battery discharge even there is power from the solar panels. I'm stuck with 75% SOC all of the time.
Program 05: US2
Program 19: 57V
Program 20: 57V
Program 21: 48V

If I restarting the inverters the charging starts again. After reaching 57V, they stop charging and let the battery drain.

Is there any fix for this?

Firstly , How do you get 57v with a 48 v 14s setup? That’s 57/14=4.07v per cell which should shut down the batteries passing 3.65v? Any way that said there doesn’t seem to be a rebulk feature on the growatt so I can only tell you what I do which is to use one of my Outback fm80’s with some panels and charge batteries directly and set a rebulk on that charger controller. I’m beginning to dislike growatt but I will work with it for now. My Schneider inverter and my Outback charge controllers worked perfectly for 6 years till I decided to try the Growatt issue. ?????

Hello all,
I'm facing something similar with my 2 x Growatt OFF-GRID SPF5000ES inverters.
The battery I have is a lithium 48V (14 cells) - without BMS.

My problem: The inverter only charges to 57V and then it lets the battery discharge even there is power from the solar panels. I'm stuck with 75% SOC all of the time.
Program 05: US2
Program 19: 57V
Program 20: 57V
Program 21: 48V

If I restarting the inverters the charging starts again. After reaching 57V, they stop charging and let the battery drain.

Is there any fix for this?
14 cells? Seems odd - isn't 16 the standard?

14 cells? Seems odd - isn't 16 the standard?
Not really . My lifepo4 are 15 s so nominal is 3.4x15 which is 51 at highest. His is 3.4 which is. 48 at highest so charging at 57 is really ridiculous that why he will never see past 57v and 75% SOC . Figures are too high if it is really a 14s

Not really . My lifepo4 are 15 s so nominal is 3.4x15 which is 51 at highest. His is 3.4 which is. 48 at highest so charging at 57 is really ridiculous that why he will never see past 57v and 75% SOC . Figures are too high if it is really a 14s
I see, I guess I meant for that voltage.

Now I'm more confused and I'm sorry to not give all the details. My battery has 14 LG Chem cells taken out from an electric car.

I'm not an expert but I understand that LG Chem has these ranges: 3.27V - 4.2V. My settings are within these ranges.
Sources:

Technical sheet: https://www.batteryspace.com/prod-specs/5501-LG-18650-MH1-Datasheet.pdf

Shinephone says Growatt charged 120 kw, but discharge only 87 kw for the past week. The battery is 10kwh. Where has gone the rest energy?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220727-154358_ShinePhone.jpg
    Screenshot_20220727-154358_ShinePhone.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 11
Back