diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 3000 LVM 24v - hooking up a 24v dc load

alxgnz

I had just purchased this unit and was planning to run an off grid cabin. I have a marine fuse box that has 24v loads on that I would like to connect to the same battery system (2* 12v AGMs in series). I was looking for advice on how to properly wire with Growatt charger. TIA

1618347155496.png

• Fuse 1 must be large enough to handle the max load of the growatt inverter and the DC loads
  • Fuse 1 should be as close to the battery as possible
  • Fuse 2 must be large enough to handle the max DC load
  • Fuse 2 should be as close to the bus bar as possible
  • The wire from the battery to the bus bars must be large enough to handle the current allowed by Fuse 1
  • The wire from the bus bars to the Growatt must be large enough to handle the current allowed by Fuse1
  • The wire from the bus bars to the DC fuse box must be large enough to handle the current allowed by Fuse 2.

It is not really a safety thing, but in addition to what I showed above, I would add a Battery Protect to the system as shown below:

1618347722135.png

This will shut off your dc loads if the batteries get too low.

It is not really a safety thing, but in addition to what I showed above, I would add a Battery Protect to the system as shown below:

View attachment 44986

This will shut off your dc loads if the batteries get too low.
Thank you so much for your time, this definitely cleared things up for me. You da man!

Back