diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 3000TL 24v only accepting 300w from generator

skyhog

My 3000watt Growatt will only take 300watt from my 8400watt generator and my little 700watt generator. I have a 110ah lifepo4 battery with its own battery management I’ve been in and adjusted the program settings in the following ways.
P1-utility first
P2-80amps max charge current
P3-AC input Gen
P5-battery type use
P11-max utility charging 30a
P14- charger source priority snu solar & utility
P19-28.2v
P20-27.2v
P21-24v

Seems a waste to have a big generator but only to be able to take 300watt from it. Surely I’ve done something wrong?!

When you say "only taking 300 Watts from generator", under what circumstances? What kind of load is on the inverter? If the batteries are already charged and there are no large loads plugged into the inverter then 300 Watts sounds reasonable. Please provide some additional details.

So I usually only charge from the generator at night or when there is practically no sunlight. Usually there is practically no load on the inverter but I have run a jug and toaster at the same time just to see if the generator can handle the extra load. In this case you hear the rpm of the generator ramp up and it provides the extra power to the inverter easily. I just thought that the Growatt might use more that 300watt to charge the battery given that I thought lifepo4 batteries could charge very quickly/accept high charge rates. I’ve also noticed that if I connect the generator under high solar conditions then it will continue to take 300watt from the generator and then just add the solar on top. So for example it will then charge with 450watt of solar and then 300watt of generator totalling 750watt of charging. I was just hoping that it might be able to take more than 300watt from the generator so I didn’t have to run it for so long to get it charged back up.

I have the same components as you but I have a different problem. My battery shut down for low power during a snowstorm and I cant get it to charge at all. Can anyone help me??? I have`n`t had it long enough to help you, SORRY !

So I usually only charge from the generator at night or when there is practically no sunlight. Usually there is practically no load on the inverter but I have run a jug and toaster at the same time just to see if the generator can handle the extra load. In this case you hear the rpm of the generator ramp up and it provides the extra power to the inverter easily. I just thought that the Growatt might use more that 300watt to charge the battery given that I thought lifepo4 batteries could charge very quickly/accept high charge rates. I’ve also noticed that if I connect the generator under high solar conditions then it will continue to take 300watt from the generator and then just add the solar on top. So for example it will then charge with 450watt of solar and then 300watt of generator totalling 750watt of charging. I was just hoping that it might be able to take more than 300watt from the generator so I didn’t have to run it for so long to get it charged back up.
What is your max utility charge current set to? If 10 amps then your 29.v or so charging would be around 300w.

My Max utility charging is set to 30amps so should be around 900w right?

Back