diy solar

diy solar

Growatt spf 3000TL LVM -24p....change program 15 to BOF but it still beeps. Is it abnormal??

big spring

Growatt spf 3000TL LVM -24p....change program 15 to BOF but it still beeps. Is it abnormal??

On my thread on the Growatt, was posted an updated version of the prgramming for it, mentioning a update from last July 2020.... but comments below the video on YT from 3 weeks ago, said to turn Program 15 'On', not off, as that worked to shut it off for them: GroWatt SPF3000TL LVM-48p Secrets of the Settings (updated) - YouTube
Haven't tested that firmware update yet, nor the 'On' instead of 'Off' as recommended in the comments. You would think a newer update would've been sent out to fix that.

Thank you! Actually, I tried to turn "ON" but it still beeps. Also, about 7-8 hours after power on, there are many lines and numbers missing in the screen display. I waited for a few days and the situation did not get better. I bought the Growatt 3 weeks ago in watts247.com. I contact Ian who sold Growatt in watts247.com but no response. Do you happen to know where I can ask for help? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG20210307093622.jpg
    IMG20210307093622.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG20210307093614.jpg
    IMG20210307093614.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 10
I try to respond to all my emails on a daily basis, can be up to 50 to 60 + per day between all the other daily emails, yeah I may mis one or two occasionally, just try again.

Also please don't send mammoth 9MB Picture attachments, they may bounce from my email server, and I may never see them, scale the images down.

Here is a temporary trick to turn off the BEEP, hold down the ENTER and DOWN buttons simultaneously, this will disable the beep until you power it down, when you turn it back on, you will have to do the same again.

Growatt is working on a firmware update. I call it the F.BEEP, because of all the inquiries I get in the damn thing.

I forwarded your LCD issue to growatt, and they have already responded to you, asking for the serial number. They are very good at resolving warranty issues, if we don't have the parts in stock, they DHL them out within a few days

Ian

After I sent the serial number, I was told that the Growatt you sold about 3 weeks ago is a faulty inverter and they will ask you to send a replacement one to me.

Man I was hopeful after reading the above two posts thinking this might work on a growatt 6000t but neither method turned off the beep.

PSA Warning: holding the Enter and ESC buttons simultaneously appears reset all inverter settings to default values. That was fun to learn.

Last edited:
Here is a temporary trick to turn off the BEEP, hold down the ENTER and DOWN buttons simultaneously, this will disable the beep until you power it down, when you turn it back on, you will have to do the same again.

Ian
That worked for me! Glad I saw this post. Finally shut that thing off without having to connect my laptop to it and changing the setting there.

I try to respond to all my emails on a daily basis, can be up to 50 to 60 + per day between all the other daily emails, yeah I may mis one or two occasionally, just try again.

Also please don't send mammoth 9MB Picture attachments, they may bounce from my email server, and I may never see them, scale the images down.

Growatt is working on a firmware update. I call it the F.BEEP, because of all the inquiries I get in the damn thing.

I forwarded your LCD issue to growatt, and they have already responded to you, asking for the serial number. They are very good at resolving warranty issues, if we don't have the parts in stock, they DHL them out within a few days

Ian
Did GW ever get this fixed? I kept on changing the settings and finally got rid of half of the beep. This is what occurs with my setup. Unit is mounted on a truck camper. Everything works fine. The issue is under low light conditions, the panels have enough voltage generated, the charge controller turns on, the beep is present and as soon as the unit starts to charge, the unit cuts out and screen goes blank. It used to beep at that point, but I finally was able to change settings and the beep on charge controller shutdown is gone.

However, the problem is the unit keeps up the cycle endlessly. Can't be good for it. It also seems to drain the batteries over time. If I park the truck in the shop with the door closed, this doesn't occur. If I open the door, enough light comes in and this process occurs.

Did GW ever get this fixed? I kept on changing the settings and finally got rid of half of the beep. This is what occurs with my setup. Unit is mounted on a truck camper. Everything works fine. The issue is under low light conditions, the panels have enough voltage generated, the charge controller turns on, the beep is present and as soon as the unit starts to charge, the unit cuts out and screen goes blank. It used to beep at that point, but I finally was able to change settings and the beep on charge controller shutdown is gone.

However, the problem is the unit keeps up the cycle endlessly. Can't be good for it. It also seems to drain the batteries over time. If I park the truck in the shop with the door closed, this doesn't occur. If I open the door, enough light comes in and this process occurs.
I have that same behavior on my MPP Solar too in the early morning and late evening, I do no know what can be done to stop it from cycling at low light, right now I just turn off the PV breaker.

Same issue: unit keeps turning on/off during early morning making the annoying beep when inverter turned off. How did you manage to turn off the beep when the unit cycles on and off?

Same issue: unit keeps turning on/off during early morning making the annoying beep when inverter turned off. How did you manage to turn off the beep when the unit cycles on and off?
I installed a heavy duty electrical switch and just turn the PV off in the evening and turn it back on in the morning. Switch is shown here on the right side.

1690644953460.png

Back