diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM 48V Questions

Thanks for the reply Will. How does the Growatt calculate the SOC when it does not communicate with the BMS? Is it purely by voltage, or does it have some kind of shunt/hall effect current sensor built-in?

I'm not sure I follow why BMS communication is more beneficial for NMC vs LFP? Can you please expand on that?

These 48V server rack LFP batteries all seem pretty similar. Do you have any personal preferences for a specific one? EG4 vs SOK vs Jakiper for example?
Thanks for the reply Will. How does the Growatt calculate the SOC when it does not communicate with the BMS? Is it purely by voltage, or does it have some kind of shunt/hall effect current sensor built-in?

I'm not sure I follow why BMS communication is more beneficial for NMC vs LFP? Can you please expand on that?

These 48V server rack LFP batteries all seem pretty similar. Do you have any personal preferences for a specific one? EG4 vs SOK vs Jakiper for example?
Hello, I got feedback from SS, they said that the Growatt don't have a built in shunt, and you will need a battery that have communications, that is the way the Growatt (in reality is the battery BMS that supplies this data) can determine SOC, I have some dumb LiPo4 batteries and the Growatt can't determine their SOC, I have to use a Smart Shunt for that. To touch on another comment, there is no pre-charge on the Growatt this is a function on the batteries themselves. I just built a simple circuit 2X25 Watts/Ohms resistors (just what I had on hand) and a off/on switch in between that is permanently hooked up to the negative side of the bank right before the Growatt terminals, to pre-charge I turn to on wait a few moments then activate the main battery disconnect then switch the pre-charge off and it powers up the Growatt nice and easy, and I don't have to hunt for a resistor I left somewhere. ?

Hello, I got feedback from SS, they said that the Growatt don't have a built in shunt, and you will need a battery that have communications, that is the way the Growatt (in reality is the battery BMS that supplies this data) can determine SOC, I have some dumb LiPo4 batteries and the Growatt can't determine their SOC, I have to use a Smart Shunt for that. To touch on another comment, there is no pre-charge on the Growatt this is a function on the batteries themselves. I just built a simple circuit 2X25 Watts/Ohms resistors (just what I had on hand) and a off/on switch in between that is permanently hooked up to the negative side of the bank right before the Growatt terminals, to pre-charge I turn to on wait a few moments then activate the main battery disconnect then switch the pre-charge off and it powers up the Growatt nice and easy, and I don't have to hunt for a resistor I left somewhere. ?
Good info, thanks for following up!

Back