diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM - connecting to AC

Electrobob

I have installed a male prong on the AC input and wanted to turn on the Growatt and run through some screens to familiarize myself a little before connecting batteries and pv. I plugged it in and turned it on and it won’t turn on. Do I need to have the batteries and panels connected first? I certainly thought I could connect the unit to AC and light the LCD panel.

Ok, I got it all figured out. Sorry for being such a noob. Here is a shot of my mobile hand truck system powering a TV and a fan. It is two 12v SOK 100 amp batteries wired in series. I topped them off with wall power and am trying to run them down so I can recharge tomorrow using solar panels.

Attachments

• 20210821_151309.jpg
    20210821_151309.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 17
I have installed a male prong on the AC input and wanted to turn on the Growatt and run through some screens to familiarize myself a little before connecting batteries and pv. I plugged it in and turned it on and it won’t turn on. Do I need to have the batteries and panels connected first? I certainly thought I could connect the unit to AC and light the LCD panel.
How did you get it to work?! I had my Growatt running fine at various periods over the last several months. My wife plugged into a house outlet today and was using the Growatt to charge the batteries and also had some appliances plugged into its AC out. She didn't realize she had accidentally blown the breaker to the house outlet we were using by running a portable air conditioner through the Growatt while also charging the batteries at 13a. Without the AC power coming in our batteries subsequently got drained. The BMS did a low voltage disconnect for the first time (I have it set very conservatively at 3v per cell but I'm glad to know it works!) and after unplugging all the appliances and resetting the house outlet breaker the Growatt will no longer turn on, leaving me with no way to charge the batteries back up.

How did you get it to work?! I had my Growatt running fine at various periods over the last several months. My wife plugged into a house outlet today and was using the Growatt to charge the batteries and also had some appliances plugged into its AC out. She didn't realize she had accidentally blown the breaker to the house outlet we were using by running a portable air conditioner through the Growatt while also charging the batteries at 13a. Without the AC power coming in our batteries subsequently got drained. The BMS did a low voltage disconnect for the first time (I have it set very conservatively at 3v per cell but I'm glad to know it works!) and after unplugging all the appliances and resetting the house outlet breaker the Growatt will no longer turn on, leaving me with no way to charge the batteries back up.
Regarding my situation, I did need to have the batteries connected. When I wrote the post I thought maybe I could just plug in the Growatt alone and work through some screens. That did not work. Once I connected the batteries, then I could plug it in and turn on or run just off the batteries and light the display either way. Sorry to hear of your issues. There is a breaker inside the Growatt, don’t know if you checked that or not. Good luck with it, I am still feeling my way through things as well.

Back