diy solar

diy solar

Growatt spf 3000tl lvm es ac charging limit?

mcmullen7242

I am currently using this inverter in the title and charging my batteries in the middle of the night to power my farm with a predator 3500. I am looking to get a predator 9500 or something similar with auto start for charging at a higher current while also powering the load as needed with these inverters. The ac charging limit in the manual says 40 amps, does this mean I can take 40 amps from the generator at 120v meaning I’m charging 4800 watts into the battery? Or is it 40amps at 48v being just under 2000watts charging? If I can charge 40 amps at 120v then how would I wire the generator up to the inverter in order to charge the 40 amps and power my load (never exceeds 15-16 amps) because there are only two 30 amp plugs and a few 20 amps. Is there a way to parallel two 30amp rv extensions to make it 60amps going into the ac input (40 for charging and 15 for the load)

It'll do 40 amps going into the battery and at the same time power whatever load is being drawn. On my unit 30 amps into the batteries is approx 21 amps load on the generator. Hope this helps.

The 40amps is on the battery side, not generator side.

You can parallel two 120v cords off the same phase. If it is a split phase generator (i.e. it makes 120 and 240) you would have to verify that the two 120 plugs you're trying to parallel come from the same phase, otherwise hooking them up in parallel will get you 240 which may or may not damage the inverter, but certainly won't make it happy if it's expecting 120.

Back